Newcomer

Default What bands do Illinois law enforcement use

Afters a week or so of research I dropped the coin on a V1. Pretty sweet.
    How sould I set it up for the suburban Chicago area, and what should I switch to on the hwy? Also has someone done up a list of the diffrent bands in use around the US, for say cross country road trips.

I gotta say that this is a great forum, and thanks to Roy for hosting it, if I didnt go with the V1 I would have gone with the rx65 purchased from Roy. Thanks for everyone elses input.

Yoda of Radar

ISP uses K, KA and laser. I turned my X off about 6 months ago. Hope I don't regret it. I am seeing more and more laser out there too.

Radar Fanatic

I've heard of X being used a little in northern Illinois. Never seen any of it down here, but I leave it on anyways.

Advanced Member

Speed Trap Info forum is where the information lies!

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    I've heard of X being used a little in northern Illinois. Never seen any of it down here, but I leave it on anyways.

Last year in my travels to see relatives in Decatur,Ill was on I-72. That LEO was operating X-band roughly early-July.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RadarHell

Last year in my travels to see relatives in Decatur,Ill was on I-72. That LEO was operating X-band roughly early-July.
    Good to know, my Grandma lives in Decatur, so i'm up there quite a bit. I would really expect their equipment to be fairly recent seeing as Decatur IL is the home of the Decatur Genesis radar, but I guess not.

Good Citizen

Good to know, my Grandma lives in Decatur, so i'm up there quite a bit. I would really expect there equipment to be fairly recent seeing as Decatur IL is the home of the Decatur Genesis radar, but I guess not.
    Decatur PD runs K and Ka band. The ISP ran the X band.

Radar Fanatic

Good to know, my Grandma lives in Decatur, so i'm up there quite a bit. I would really expect there equipment to be fairly recent seeing as Decatur IL is the home of the Decatur Genesis radar, but I guess not.
    Decatur PD runs K and Ka band. The ISP ran the X band.
    Thanks for that.

You've really gotta watch it when in some of the little towns surrounding Decatur. I come up from the south, running I57 up to about Effingham, then on a state highway the rest of the way. The town of Bethany is a known trap, and Sullivan uses those tiny Decatur Ka handhelds and has at least one officer that is VERY good with instant on.

Good Citizen

Default Marion,Carbondale and Anna, Illinois......

I work in Southern Illinois. I drive thru Marion, Carbondale and Anna routinely thru the week. I've always known that they shoot laser. Specifically on I57 at the highway 148 exit. LEO sits up on the overpass of 148 and shoots southbound and 4-5 troopers line up on the northbound ramp. That goes on every week. In the short time that I've owned my V1 I have found that LEO in Harrisburg, Marion and Anna shoot Ka.