Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Let the games begin!!!!

Dateline: AJC 07/19/2010

Starting Aug 1, Georgia will launch a 30 day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers' overtime. The rest to help with dwindling budgets. There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 7 main intersections and highways. They are the following:
    I-20 east and west
    I-75 north and south
    I-85 north and south
    I-675 north and south
    GA-985 north and south
    GA-316 east and west
    GA-400 north and south
    5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Dodge Charger Police cruisers and are bringing in all of their part timers on full time. If you work in the Atlanta area, you will probably take one of these highways. It's up to you how fast you are going when they clock you.
    WSB and WXIA & CBS confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you.
    Look for city and county governments to adopt similar polices in the near future.

Can't wait to see the videos of us preventing overtime for the troopers!

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Let the games begin!!!!

Wow is Georgia turning into the new Hellginia? (VA) Guess I won't be traveling in GA any time soon.

Though I'm not in GA, I found this interesting. Not sure if this has every happened in TX but I wouldn't be surprised. Good luck....

Crazy, Just left Atlanta yesterday afternoon to return to Florida. Would not mind seeing if there is a big difference of troopers on 75 between yesterday and today. On my way I don't recall more then two or three troopers, mainly county sheriffs with traps on 75N/S Atlanta to Georgia/Florida state line.

Power User

Nice, I expect many vids

Experienced

Should be a fun month

Good Citizen

Lead Foot

Well I guess that settles things. Funny how things like this spread, I heard it from 6 different people before receiving the info in an email. Oh well, it sounded credible.

Professional

Phew, I'm glad I get to take I-10 when I move to Florida and avoid Georgia altogether. I'll be moving the 19th and hoping everything will go as planned with no tickets. Georgia must be really hurting for money right now.

Edit:Just read the Snopes reply. Better that it is a fake instead of a real operation, less chances for you to get a ticket.
    Last edited by Woodscolby; 08-01-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Woodscolby View Post
    Phew, I'm glad I get to take I-10 when I move to Florida and avoid Georgia altogether. I'll be moving the 19th and hoping everything will go as planned with no tickets. Georgia must be really hurting for money right now.
    Good luck with the move!