Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Founder of Stealthvation

Default Wife's K band Encounter

Today my wife had a K band encounter on the Turnpike as she was getting off the exit. She told me that her RX65 gave her about a 2 mile warning. She told me that she is VERY impressed with the rX65 and that she likes it better than my V1 because it falses less. I told her to each his own. I lkove my V1. I am a Zombie
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Administrator

Default She Will Convert you to Beltronics

I'm sure that she will convert you to a RX-65 believer
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Founder of Stealthvation

If that happens Roy I know where I am buying my unit from

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    If that happens Roy I know where I am buying my unit from
    At a 2mile range, i'd go nuts not knowing if the cop was approaching from behind or stationary ahead of me.

I can't live without my arrows anymore

Founder of Stealthvation

I agree 100%.

buyradardetectors rocks!

Professional

Personally, as soon as there is a warning, i slow down. I don't care if the cop is behind me or in front of me... if i got a warning, obviously he/she is around in the area... i'd rather play safe and go slow.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2fast
    Personally, as soon as there is a warning, i slow down. I don't care if the cop is behind me or in front of me... if i got a warning, obviously he/she is around in the area... i'd rather play safe and go slow.
    Sure you slow down initially. The question is, when do you speed back up.

If I'm on a long straight highway at night and I get a strong radar hit then it goes away, I know there is a cop around, I slow down. Now I'm cruising at 55 and the detector beeps again. Still I stay slow, i got no idea where he is.

Lets say that 7 min later and I have not heard another beep from the detector... I must have passed the radar trap, right? Wrong.. he may be right behind you.....

The arrows are tremendous defense against moving radar. Knowing where the trap is approximately helps alot.

In the normal stationary radar cases, i agree arrows are useless.... but in a world with more and more moving radar, i can't live without them

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster

The arrows are tremendous defense against moving radar. Knowing where the trap is approximately helps alot.

In the normal stationary radar cases, i agree arrows are useless.... but in a world with more and more moving radar, i can't live without them
    Forgive me for not using your entire quote. The arrows on the V1 are an amazing tool, but to say they are useless for stationary radar, I strongly disagree. If you know and understand how radar works and travels through space you can grasp the full concept of the arrows. I won't go into examples because many (REAL WORLD) have been posted throughout this forum. Think about the tools you have and think about different scenarios.

I don't have a V1. But I do like many of the features it has. Would I buy one? Maybe one day. That's why you'll never see a post from me bashing capabilities of the top 3. But I will address problems.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SETITOFF
    Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster

Forgive me for not using your entire quote. The arrows on the V1 are an amazing tool, but to say they are useless for stationary radar, I strongly disagree. If you know and understand how radar works and travels through space you can grasp the full concept of the arrows. I won't go into examples because many (REAL WORLD) have been posted throughout this forum. Think about the tools you have and think about different scenarios.

I don't have a V1. But I do like many of the features it has. Would I buy one? Maybe one day. That's why you'll never see a post from me bashing capabilities of the top 3. But I will address problems.
    I can see where you might interpret my last sentence as a bash against the V1's arrows... but that was not what my post was about. My post I think explained why the arrows ARE usefull in moving radar situations.

I am a V1 user and fan. What I meant is that in a situation where you are coming up on a stationary radar (ahead) the arrows don't give you a significant advantage vs say an X50's setup. However.... as soon as there is more than one bogey or moving radar, then the arrows become tremendously valuable.

Lead Foot

Point well taken.