Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Anyone run into 35.5 in Upstate NY/ New Jersey / NYC ???

I have had the BEL STI R for a while and I do a whole lot of traveling. NYC to Canada, NYC Binghamton, NYC to Suffolk, NYC to Waretown NJ (Garden State Parkway), I-95 Blah blah blah. All I would like to know has anyone that is running Bel STI R or 9500CI or Redline has actually run into 35.5 KA. It seems like 34.7 Band is what most highway police and Troopers and local town officers use, sometimes 33.8. I have ran into 35.5 one time but that was when I was at a toll Booth on the Garden State Parkway and I realize for some reason my BEL STI R alerts to 33.8 when I'm under the toll booth, so I didnt take the 35.5 as any real treat.

It has gotten to the point that I seriously thinking about turning off 35.5 because I know that would make the detection a little better also. SOOO has anyone ever saw a cop using 35.5 KA around those areas ???

Power User

Default Re: Anyone run into 35.5 in Upstate NY/ New Jersey / NYC ???

Pretty much everything I run into in Long Island and Queens is Ka radar, but I have no way telling what frequency it is. NYSP runs 34.7?? I thought it was 35.5

Radar Fanatic

NYSP around here and Broome Co. Sheriff both have 35.5, not many,mostly 34.7

Jake , you have to get spec mode!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
    NYSP around here and Broome Co. Sheriff both have 35.5, not many,mostly 34.7

Jake , you have to get spec mode!
    Jake has a V1. He doesn't know what the frequency of the bands. He just knows the class of band, Ka, K, etc

Power User

I'm thinking about running an 8500 with my v1, but I would keep it off until I pick up a Ka signal and then just use it to determine the frequency.

Banned

I see KA 35.5 a lot in Westchester to parts of up state NY. 34.7 is just everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
    I'm thinking about running an 8500 with my v1, but I would keep it off until I pick up a Ka signal and then just use it to determine the frequency.
    Get a RedLine (not that you really need one), but this way it wont interfere with your V1 and you will have spec mode all the time plus any of the added benefits the RedLine may provide.

Power User

No thanks. :P

Good Citizen

Yeah I live in NYC and drive on the Southern State every day. I have a V1 before I brought my BEL STI R everytime I heard a alert that didn't pick up to good I just assume that it was 35.5, but I have realize I think after all this time it has been 34.6something and matter the angle matter how much of good detection I'll get. Till this say I still think that there is at least one trooper on Southern State that use 35.5 because I remember when I was basically 3 cars behind him and my V1 was showing 3 to 4 dotts. Basically no alert. So I'm hoping I can run into that same Trooper again and see if it really is 35.5.

So I guess I was right by reading all the answers so far 35.5 is not really use around the area i mention. So I assume since 35.5 is the hardest band to detect I assume if I turn it off my detection on my BEL STI R would greatly approve ???

Power User

Something like this?

Good Citizen

Yeah basically just like your video shows. I would really love for my BEL STI R to pick this signal up and tell me what Band it is than I can know. If my V1 barely alerts and Bel STI R says 35.5 I would be sad since they have 35.5. I would also be happy since I know what the band is and also since my Bel STI R can pick it up. Looks like Sold you was on Old Country Road going south on Meadowbrooke Parkway am I right ? The Troopers love to hang out around there. Just to let you know if you drive a little further heading to Salisbury there a stationary KA band and K Band sign on salisbury park drive, I go there to see if my radars are working right. Why would they put a stationary radar there for all these years of all other places God only knows.