Good Citizen

Default Ohio to Tennessee

Hey Guys, Gonna be driving from Dayton, OH to Nashville TN. I'll be using I-75 to I-71 to I-65, any particular areas I should pay extra attention to? Thanks!

Lead Foot

Default Re: Ohio to Tennessee

Have a good ride. Do not know much of this route. Watch Northern Ky. with the little hills, laser sometimes is on the slope.

Good Citizen

Thanks for the tip. I have never traveled this either, How is the enforcement in the Cincy area, I know it can be pretty heavy between dayton and there.

Power User

What counter measures do you have? (Idk if you have a sig with that info since I'm on my phone)

Radar Fanatic

Ah, I've traveled 65 and 71 a lot. I periodically make trips for work from central Kentucky to Wooster Ohio.

Kentucky is cake for the most part. Northern Kentucky does occasionally use laser, from what I hear, but I haven't seen it being used for a long time. Constant on 34.7 Ka band seems to almost be used exclusively on interstates in Kentucky. I have ran into K band and the occasional 35.5, but both have been constant on.

Watch out for X band and laser in the Cincinatti area, I've seen a lot of both, along with quite a bit of K band stuff.

As far as that Tennessee area goes, I've ran into a lot of constant on Ka and have seen quite a bit of laser in northern Tennessee. 65 south going into Tennessee has a lot of good hiding spots for leos, so keep a close eye out. I've ran into a lot of them sitting on off ramps and ramps into weigh stations, which are both covered by trees when you're coming towards them. Furthermore, there are a lot of hilly medians in the area. Many times, you don't see the leos until you're right up on them. I always try to keep an eye on the cars ahead of me. If you see them hit their brakes out of nowhere, you know something is up.
    Last edited by unmamfqlm; 11-05-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by unmamfqlm View Post
    Ah, I've traveled 65 and 71 a lot. I periodically make trips for work from central Kentucky to Wooster Ohio.

Kentucky is cake for the most part. Northern Kentucky does occasionally use laser, from what I hear, but I haven't seen it being used for a long time. Constant on 34.7 Ka band seems to almost be used exclusively on interstates in Kentucky. I have ran into K band and the occasional 35.5, but both have been constant on.

Watch out for X band and laser in the Cincinatti area, I've seen a lot of both, along with quite a bit of K band stuff.

As far as that Tennessee area goes, I've ran into a lot of constant on Ka and have seen quite a bit of laser in northern Tennessee. 65 south going into Tennessee has a lot of good hiding spots for leos, so keep a close eye out. I've ran into a lot of them sitting on off ramps and ramps into weigh stations, which are both covered by trees when you're coming towards them. Furthermore, there are a lot of hilly medians in the area. Many times, you don't see the leos until you're right up on them. I always try to keep an eye on the cars ahead of me. If you see them hit their brakes out of nowhere, you know something is up.

Great Advice! I appreciate the info!!