Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Florida

Advanced Member

Default Re: More Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrate View Post
    florida is extremely on and off. some days you can go from jax to west palm doing.. many digits and other times you get nailed every city
    Precisely. When it rains, it pours.
    I'll be driving through Sarasota tomorrow afternoon. I'm doing a Florida 'west coast' tour this week. Gulf water is not anywhere nearly as warm as in WPB (77 degrees today), at least in Naples....

2010 Honda Civic Sedan
    Cobra 19 DX IV CB
    Wilson Lil Wil
    Uniden BCT15X Scanner
    Garmin Nuvi 1300
    Saves: More than I can count

Radar Fanatic

Last edited by DrCoke; 09-20-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Advanced Member

Well, though I seem to repeat myself here, I will again.

Yesterday I drove Florida's west coast up I-75 from Naples to St Petersburg. No radar, zip, nada. Then late evening from St. Petersburg across the peninsula back to Melbourne, again, nothing.

Either I am really lucky (which I doubt) or more realistically Florida is a place where you can go 20 over PSL with very little chance of a ticket - at least on Interstates.

And Sarasota - could not see it much since I went through there after dark - need to go back again and check it out.

One more non-traffic tidbit - water temp in West Palm Beach was warm, 77, but on the west Gulf side, wow, California cold water, high 50's.

2010 Honda Civic Sedan
    Cobra 19 DX IV CB
    Wilson Lil Wil
    Uniden BCT15X Scanner
    Garmin Nuvi 1300
    Saves: More than I can count

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by OpenRoad View Post
    Well, though I seem to repeat myself here, I will again.

Yesterday I drove Florida's west coast up I-75 from Naples to St Petersburg. No radar, zip, nada. Then late evening from St. Petersburg across the peninsula back to Melbourne, again, nothing.

Either I am really lucky (which I doubt) or more realistically Florida is a place where you can go 20 over PSL with very little chance of a ticket - at least on Interstates.

And Sarasota - could not see it much since I went through there after dark - need to go back again and check it out.

One more non-traffic tidbit - water temp in West Palm Beach was warm, 77, but on the west Gulf side, wow, California cold water, high 50's.
    Yep. I drive from Sarasota to Tampa quite often through 275. It really has VERY rare and little enforcement. Feel free to do +20 cruise. The only place where i see more active enforcement is before and after Sunshine skyway. On I75 it is usually dead most of the time. Watch out for aerial Vascar, although you have to be extremely UN lucky like me to get caught in that sort of trap.

I4 to Orlando though is very different and very active!! And also I75 before and after Naples. These are the spots where I've seen the most enforcement within my 6 years here in FL.