Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Western Washington (state)

Haven't seen an updated list of bands and tactics being used in the Seattle area. I'll add mine, please add yours.

WSP is known to be using PLIII, although I never been hit by one
    WSP is running Ka and K.
    Bothell uses K, instant on.

So far no X-Band sightings in Wa.

Also WSP is running a program with ~45 unmarked cars. These are not steath Crown Vic, they are siezed cars that are completely unmarked. Recently saw 2 with people pulled over.

White Ford Tarus
    Burgandy SUV

Tinted windows, standard plates and tires. No antennas. No visible gear inside. The flashing lights are visible through the tinted windows, but totally invisible when off.

Good Citizen

Default Re: Western Washington (state)

Although I'm a resident of the east side of the state, I spend 2 days a week in Seattle area. On the way to visit some friends in the Lynnwood/Everett area WSP had two laser speed traps on I-5 near Lynnwood.

I used to live in Lynnwood, and I know starting at 148th and going north is notoriously popular for speed traps. This is where the rush hour traffic briefly breaks up, and everyone accelerates vying for position to either get on I405, make the exit to the Alderwood mall, or try to get into a faster lane for the trip through Everett.

The first trap was near the new PnR exit north of 148th. He clocked me going 72 (PSL is 60), and promptly pulled me over [got away with a warning :shock:]. Even at 72MPH, I was still relegated to the right lanes, so I asked the officer how he picked me out of the traffic. He took the meaning of my question as a protest of "you can't pick me out of a crowd with radar," instead of "with scores of other cars going way faster than me, why'd you point your laser at my car?" (given the density of the traffic, I deduced he was using laser even though my RD was dead silent).

He went on to explain to me that he was using a new technology called Lidar , how Lidar works, why Lidar allows him to pick one car out of a crowd. Then divulged that "they're" starting to outfit all vehicles in the south Snohomish county with lidar units. (business must be good by the Alderwood mall)

And sure enough, after the stern talking to, I get back on I-5N, and not a handful of miles later, there's another WSP on the left right before the 164th exit painting vehicles. Again, my RD (a low end Whistler the clearly stated it detected laser) stayed quiet. Given that it would blurt out radar based alerts, I assumed this officer was using lidar also.

I've since turned in my Whistler for a Beltronics 995, but haven't been north of Seattle for a several weeks.

Newcomer

Default X-Band

I just had a X-band hit in Southwestern Washington. I got stopped by a sheriff between Castle Rock and Chehalis. Thankfully I skipped away with a warning for 18 over! I thought I was done for! ops:

Default becareful about the white camaro with black tint undercover.

also there are chevy avalanches also that run radar. heard about a yellow cab taxi that was a LEO running radar havent seen it either plus a silver 5 series bmw that runs radar..seen that one though.

Newcomer

I'm stationed in Ft Lewis (currently deployed) and I'v seen unmarked v6 accords and unmarked impalas. I guess the important thing in identifying them would be the usual 5% tint that they have. Also, before I deployed, I began to see many motorcycle cops using laser around the Ft Lewis/Tacoma Area. And to add to this, a friend of mine got a speeding ticket around Olympia, having been caught by VASCAR.

Good Citizen

From washington myself got a warning from a sheriff out in purdy, wa... I hadn't bought my radar then, he was using some sort of radar :-/ couldnt tell what he was using though...

Professional

Saw a white Camaro unmarked car had somebody pulled over near the I-5/I-405 interchange in lynwood around exit 179.

Experienced

Just wrapped up a 1400 mile road trip through washington and oregon. Traveled mostly freeways, I-5, 84 and I-90. Saw very little police activity for this distance. Got one lidar hit on 84 between Cascade Locks and Hood River. Later up the road on 84 I ran into stationary K from what looked like a mid 80s SUV parked on the side of the road.

In Washington, saw my first undercover Dodge Charger (dark gray/silver) who had some one pulled over just east of the pass on I-90. Up a the road there was another undercover, but hardly steathly, burgandy impala shooting stationary Ka.

I also did encounter the X band boxes that Unixium mentioned. These are the ones attached to the banner signs that show the current speed for that section of the road and are operated by the WSDOT.

Professional

In Washington, saw my first undercover Dodge Charger (dark gray/silver) who had some one pulled over just east of the pass on I-90.
    I saw one at a big accident scene on I-5 NB in Fife. It was also a greyish/silver color.

Banned

Bothell Traffic Police also use lidar. I was ticketed with that on 522 going into Bothell from Kenmore.