Experienced

Default Driving to CT then to NJ - 90, 91, 84, 87, 287

Hey, on friday mid-afternoon I'm going to be leaving Saratoga and heading into CT.

I'm going to be traveling 87s to 90e to 91s to 84w to farmington.

Any suggestions on what I will encounter in terms of radar/laser and speed traps?

Im going to be traveling on 84w to 87s to 287s to morristown any suggestions on speed traps and what bands i'll encounter?

Thanks

Speed Demon

Default Re: Driving to CT then to NJ - 90, 91, 84, 87, 287

Quote Originally Posted by yemntftb
    Hey, on friday mid-afternoon I'm going to be leaving Saratoga and heading into CT.

I'm going to be traveling 87s to 90e to 91s to 84w to farmington.

Any suggestions on what I will encounter in terms of radar/laser and speed traps?

Im going to be traveling on 84w to 87s to 287s to morristown any suggestions on speed traps and what bands i'll encounter?

Thanks
    Here's what I know: 87 between Albany and 90 is heavily patrolled, mostly Ka, moving and stationary. 90 towards MA is lightly patrolled, but well-hidden instant-on on rare occasion. 90 in MA to Springfield is lightly patrolled with Ka instant-on and possibly X. There are annoying K drones in MA. 91 from Springfield to Hartford is medium in MA, lightly patrolled in CT, K and Ka, but they like to watch traffic and radio ahead (so go slow when passing). 84 is heavily patrolled with K and Ka instant-on, and laser if good weather. Just keep it under 72 on 84 if you're not familiar with the terrain.

Experienced

thanks a lot

Experienced

MA State Police are ridiculous I was only on 90 for 4 exits in mass and there were 4 speed traps within those exits all instant on k-band 2 were unmarked cars, and wow they were crazy

Speed Demon

MA State Police are ridiculous I was only on 90 for 4 exits in mass and there were 4 speed traps within those exits all instant on k-band 2 were unmarked cars, and wow they were crazy
    Wow, that's actually surprising. I've taken that route probably a hundred times and never seen more than 2 between NY and 91 (avg has been near 0). It may depend a lot on day of week, etc. ... or ... maybe they read this thread and knew you were coming Hope it went alright for you!

Experienced

it went fine, but on the way back I nearly got sniped going 87, the unmarked car either used laser and didnt get me or never put their radar on.

Newcomer

What exits were they?

Experienced

around exit 2, but on the way there exits 1-4