Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Agencies CONFIRMED to have POP technology

Does anyone have a master list of police agencies that are CONFIRMED users of POP radar?

I know some people talk about their RD's reporting POP, but I'm more interested in substantiated info. from reliable sources. RD's can report POP when, in fact, it is not POP.

Buz

Radar Fanatic

I know of New York and Nevada state police.

Newcomer

Default Confirmed POP in Florida

I have confirmed the use of POP radar around the Tallahassee area by local police, sherrif and Florida Highway Patrol

Professional

That is very interesting.

How exactly did you determine that Fordlameguy??

Buz

Newcomer

Default POP

I have never encountered POP in Washington State. I thought they would use it but I only get a ton of false alerts. I asked a Stater and he said they are not getting RADAR anymore... He said all of the Highway patrol guys are getting lasers... Wouldn't that be great![/list]

Good Citizen

Folks lets be careful here - there is a big difference in a department having POP-enabled guns and the actual use of POP mode. I believe there are a few departments with POP enabled guns but my opinion is that POP mode is used little or never.

Reasoning is because an officer would REALLY have to be active, sneaky, and have a special need to trigger this way. They can write tickets all day long with instant-on, I doubt many of them see the need to even consider using POP mode.

Again, just my 2 cents, I could certainly be proved wrong with the right information.

Advanced Member

I don't think anyone will ever prove you wrong because I don't think we'll ever have that kind of information, short of polling police nationwide. And even then I would bet that some would say they use it even if they don't.

There is no way to determine that the police are using POP without actually sitting in the patrol car with the officer while he does it. The detectors that have a specific alert to POP will give a POP alert to weak barely-in-range conventional radar, junk detectors, reflections etc etc. A POP alert on the detector when there happens to be a patrol car nearby is by no means a conclusive confirmation of the use of POP.

I think the best we'll ever be able to do is identify jurisdictions that have the technology at their disposal. The top-of-the-line units by MPH Industries have this technology, so if the jurisdiction has an exclusive contract with MPH or something then they might have some POP units in their arsenal, unless they decide to settle on the budget Pythons for cost reasons...

Advanced Member

Sethy had a confirmed POP alert in Ohio and I know for a fact NY troopers bought POP guns and they know how to activate POP mode...fortunately Stalker dual still out number the MPH guns recently purchased

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

How the he#$ do you get a "confirmed" POP alert? The only confirmed POP alert I can think of is a ticket that says method of enforcement, POP followed by instant on.

Read what jimbonzzz says above - you cannot say you had a confirmed POP alert by your detector saying so. I concur with his statements.

Radar Fanatic

i would like to know this too coz i have pop off and i am very happy with the v1... no falses