Newcomer

Default Toll Booth Speed Check?

I live in Orlando, FL and I've recently noticed when I travel through a specific toll booth, my V1 Laser detection goes off. The speed limit through this toll is 55MPH. I've been trying to test what makes it go off but so far it has been inconclusive. It definitely always goes off if I'm going 60MPH. If I drive 55 or under, I would say it goes off about 25% of the time.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of what this is? A speed check? Can they issue tickets based on this? Could this just be gathering helpful information for the department of transportation/Highway authorities?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Default Re: Toll Booth Speed Check?

Hi Jeff,

The laser alert is from the device used to check the size of Toll Pass equipped vehicles to determine the amount of their toll. Trucks are charged a higher toll than say passenger vehicles.

Cliff

Newcomer

Default Re: Toll Booth Speed Check?

Quote Originally Posted by Laser-InterceptorUSA View Post
    Hi Jeff,

The laser alert is from the device used to check the size of Toll Pass equipped vehicles to determine the amount of their toll. Trucks are charged a higher toll than say passenger vehicles.

Cliff

Thanks Cliff. Good to know! I've been trying to keep my speed in check going through here but it's nearly impossible to go through at 55 while everyone else is trying to go through it at 80!