Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default bands used in Texas

Ive searched this board as much as possible and got some info. Just wondering if X band is used anywhere in Tx? I know K, Ka, and laser are in use. Ive only seen laser twice, once there was a wreck and all the crews were out doing what not...dont know what set it off and the 2nd time laser went off the cop was right ahead....they are usually there by the mall's access road. So is X band used, never had anything set it off except doors etc. Also what about POP?

Advanced Member

Yes POP is being used by TX troopers. but i'm not sure about X, I would just keep it on if the falses were managable

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

Default Pop and X in Texas

Laser is really big in Plano, Richardson, Garland, Grapevine, Bedford, and recently in Denton. It wouldn't suprise me that Ft. Worth uses laser, but all I seem to see them using is KA. I only go around the outskirts on the North side of 820 to 35W though. (Joint Navy Base area) Pop is also being used in Grapevine, and since I've seen people being stopped as soon as the gun goes up ... Pop ... down and on come the lights, I know they aren't getting a lock. 121 / 114 is a nasty place to be some days. Bedford uses lasers on an overpass between exit signs and radios to the chase cars farther up 183. X band around DFW isn't being used that I've found in 18 years of driving with a detector. I've only had an x-band detection/ trap in a small town between Austin and Houston on 77. I turn off the X-band unless I'm going out of town. Good luck!

Speed Demon

Default Re: Pop and X in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by MattS
    Laser is really big in Plano, Richardson, Garland, Grapevine, Bedford, and recently in Denton. It wouldn't suprise me that Ft. Worth uses laser, but all I seem to see them using is KA. I only go around the outskirts on the North side of 820 to 35W though. (Joint Navy Base area) Pop is also being used in Grapevine, and since I've seen people being stopped as soon as the gun goes up ... Pop ... down and on come the lights, I know they aren't getting a lock. 121 / 114 is a nasty place to be some days. Bedford uses lasers on an overpass between exit signs and radios to the chase cars farther up 183. X band around DFW isn't being used that I've found in 18 years of driving with a detector. I've only had an x-band detection/ trap in a small town between Austin and Houston on 77. I turn off the X-band unless I'm going out of town. Good luck!
    That was some really good info, those are heavily traveled roads I use. Fort Worth is using laser, Its usually used by the camaro cops....friend got a laser ticket on West side 820. Those Grapevine cops like to sit under the overpass on 121 right in front of Bass Pro Shops.

Speed Demon

I also heard that North Richland Hills PD is using laser as well. I work for that city and will find out this summer. I know they use KA radar, the stalker.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Yes POP is being used by TX troopers. but i'm not sure about X, I would just keep it on if the falses were managable
    I've sold X band radar guns to precincts in Texas. They have them.

Chris

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster

Chris
    I read that in another thread. Whereabouts in Tx, are you able to tell me? If not, what parts of Tx?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CLTX11

Chris
    I read that in another thread. Whereabouts in Tx, are you able to tell me? If not, what parts of Tx?
    I would tell you what area, but I can't remember. That was 3.5 years ago.

Chris

Banned

Back in the day I had alot of X band units going to Maryland as well. I don't mess around with radar anymore. Lidar all the way BABY! wooohoooo!

Speed Demon

Back in the day I had alot of X band units going to Maryland as well. I don't mess around with radar anymore. Lidar all the way BABY! wooohoooo!
    They're still using those X guns. :wink: