Hi Everyone,

I’m a new member but I’ve been a long time anonymous lurker. Please excuse this long winded post but if you love to drive your car “enthusiastically” and love having an awesome time with incredible people as much as I do I assure you, you will want to keep reading.

Ever since watching my first Gumball Rally videos on YouTube I have been hooked on the idea of participating in a couple of rallies. Recently I have been fortunate enough to participate in a few single day events and loved the passion and excitement for automobiles that was shared over these events but have only found myself craving more.

However, the rallies that we all dream about aren’t realistic for most car enthusiasts. Here is my solution to this problem and my thought track behind this idea:

The Current Problems with Multiple Day Rallies

The Price: Most rally’s that are all inclusive (Gumball, Gold Rush, Bull Run, etc.) have astronomically high price tags associated with them, more often then not significantly over the $10,000 mark. The five figure cost ensures extravagant accommodations but automatically means that it is unattainable for most people.

The Event: While there is a lot of driving taking place at these big name events more often then not the partying is often the focus of the checkpoints and not necessarily the driving. Don’t get me wrong, I love partying but I think the events should be more car focused and not so much about the popularity contest.

The Length/Location: Gumball and Bull Run go to some incredible locations but they can do this because the length of these rallies are around a week. When trying to balance work and family, dedicating a week to traveling the country in a car is hard for most people due to several different factors.

My Idea and Goal

My idea is to have a rally along the east coast of the United States that is more easily affordable for the average car enthusiast. This would combine the automotive culture of One Lap of America and Bull Run as well as the party lifestyle that surrounds Gumball and Gold Rush.

The Cost: Based on some of the estimates I have gotten recently I am aiming for somewhere around the $2,000 to $3,000 range. I realize that this is still a large sum of money but that would include registration fees, accommodations, meals and any track fees or other event fees that we would be participating in over the trip for two people.

The Rally: Would incorporate both highways and back country roads to take us to multiple different automotive experiences during the day and good party towns at night. The idea behind this is to make driving the focus while still enjoying some of the finer things in life.

The Date and Time: Obviously this is still up in the air but as of right now I am thinking of a late Spring 2014 date. It would start on a Thursday and end on a Sunday so that way it is easier for people to balance any work obligations.

As everyone can see, this is a very brief overview of my intentions. I am in the process of calling some hotels, tracks and restaurants/bars to get price quotes so I can put together the most accurate picture of the cost but I wanted to put some feelers out there to see who might be interested so I can get an idea of the numbers.

If you or anyone you know might be interested in this event please send me an email so I can get the most accurate count. My personal address is johnrpaeglowIV@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Jack