Newcomer

Default Watch out for Flagstaff AZ

Just got back from a trip from Colorado to Los Angeles and had my RX65 on the whole way. The only traps I encountered were along I-40 on either side of Flagstaff AZ. I saw them both on the way out and the way back. Both times they were aimed at the eastbound traffic.

On the way back my RX65 only gave me about 500 yards warning, but it was enough because LEO was hidden behind a rock formation or in a gulley in the median. You could not see him, but he could not see you until you passed right by him. The 500 yard warning was enough to check my speed and make adjustments if necessary.

I did have one scare where I was doing about 85 in the fast lane, looked in my mirror and saw flashing lights on my tail (no radar warning). I moved over and he blew by doing about 100 on his way to some priority event. Took awhile for my heartbeat to get back to normal.

I picked up another radar warning about 30 miles west of Flagstaff in the mountains where a car went off the road and rolled and was lying on its roof. The LEO was parked on the side of the road with his radar on. Do you think he left it on as warning for radar-equipped drivers approaching or do you think he just left it on and forgot about it?

Experienced

The LEO was parked on the side of the road with his radar on. Do you think he left it on as warning for radar-equipped drivers approaching or do you think he just left it on and forgot about it?
    I often wonder this myself. I've experience the same with accident sites.

Old Timer

if I was a cop, and I pulled someone over, I would leave my radar on full blast to let on coming cars to slow down