Newcomer

Default Indianapolis, Indiana

I m traveling next week to the 500...from Chicago. Should I kick the X band back on? I will be on the 65--and in and around the 465 loop. Thanks--MartytheMortician

Speed Demon

Default Re: Indianapolis, Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    I m traveling next week to the 500...from Chicago. Should I kick the X band back on? I will be on the 65--and in and around the 465 loop. Thanks--MartytheMortician
    There have been reports of some Sheriff Depts. still using X-band radar. Whether only county roads only or on Interstate hwys too,I cannot say for sure. State Police/Local Depts. appear to only use K & Ka band radar & Laser is also used by both.

Be careful of Dodge Ram & Ford F-150's used by SP especially in construction zones, but also in general use on the hwys !!! They're slowly switching over from Crown Vics to Dodge Charges. You'll also encounter Moto's also & usually Laser equipped.

Be smart, expect heavy enforcement for speeders attending the Indy 500 weekend...stay w/ the flow of traffic & avoid becoming an easy target to them.

Newcomer

Thanks Rocket! I am back and am completely just blown away-here...LOL. After I hit 65 South from Chicago--my Passport went off 3 times--all the way to Indy! While there..on 465--I got a few alerts but none spotted. On my way home...2 alerts on the 65 North.....I could not believe it. It seemed EVERYONE was down at the track for security. I did kick the X on when I left...nothing...Just a few blurbs....I did see a few of the new trucks and Chargers....they are brand new-as you said...but were working the traffic..no speed enforcement. When I normally head down..they work the 65 pretty hard..It was all quiet this trip. Thanks again, Rocket. Marty...

Speed Demon

^ - Glad ya' made it back safe & uneventful (no Citations).
    I watched the Demolition Derby 500 from the comfort of my couch w/ snacks & cold beer. Took a few hours break from all that effort & then did the same for the NASCAR Sprint Cup from Charlotte !

It was great not having to wait in line at the loo unlike at the racetrack !