Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default PA state Police being sneaky.

So this morning I took notice to something I NEVER knew the PSP did. I was on an over pass that had NO on ramp and NO off ramp. An umarked PSP car was up top shooting radar down. In lancaster county near the berks county line on RT 222. I thought this was interesting.

Has anyone else ever taken notice to them doing this before?

Also What are the boxes that sit along the road and then the police meet you further down the road? Ennrad (spelling?)

Professional

Default Re: PA state Police being sneaky.

I have heard about PSP doing this a few times on I-80. Im always watching for overpass shots from PSP. They have been know to try just about anything.

And and correct spelling is ENRADD the device in my avatar.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by stano0098 View Post
    I have heard about PSP doing this a few times on I-80. Im always watching for overpass shots from PSP. They have been know to try just about anything.

And and correct spelling is ENRADD the device in my avatar.
    Awesome thanks! One was just sitting on RT 283 going west sitting ON the shoulder shooting radar.

Professional

This is done in a lot of states with LIDAR...I've never seen it in PA with radar (although I only see PSP about once a month to be honest) but it makes sense. Nice find.

WLH
    Good Citizen

I've not seen that before but good to know as I live near Allentown and go out that way often.

Radar Fanatic

Is this after the turnpike, or before, coming from Ephrata?

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by SteadySpeedin View Post
    This would be the over pass AFTER the turnpike before the Berks county line. I forget the road name.

There is another place they sit in on RT222 North. They sit behind a hill in the median faceing northbound on 222. It's between Oregon Pike and Brownstown. There is a turn around spot, then the hill. You don't know they are there until you are literally infront of them.

Makes me want to stop messing around and buy a RD.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    This would be the over pass AFTER the turnpike before the Berks county line. I forget the road name.

There is another place they sit in on RT222 North. They sit behind a hill in the median faceing northbound on 222. It's between Oregon Pike and Brownstown. There is a turn around spot, then the hill. You don't know they are there until you are literally infront of them.

Yea, you definitely need a radar detector. I'll admit that, off the turnpike, there is very little enforcement. I have only had 2 saves from the PSP. However, 1 radar save could pay for a V1 radar detector with the cost of a ticket+insurance premium increases. So it is definitely worth it. I have NEVER seen a trooper running radar on 222. I'll have to keep an eye out for the locations you mentioned though. Thanks! If you are interested, here are my videos of the saves...

Newcomer

Yea, you definitely need a radar detector. I'll admit that, off the turnpike, there is very little enforcement. I have only had 2 saves from the PSP. However, 1 radar save could pay for a V1 radar detector with the cost of a ticket+insurance premium increases. So it is definitely worth it. I have NEVER seen a trooper running radar on 222. I'll have to keep an eye out for the locations you mentioned though. Thanks! If you are interested, here are my videos of the saves...

Thanks! I'll check them out! You have never taken notice to them shooting radar on 222? There is also one spot I forgot about. Going north on 222 right after the Ephrata exit, there is an over pass. They literally sit under there and shoot either to the North or to the south. Every time they sit there, and I pass they have their radar gun out. They were sitting there one night and I didn't know they were there until I was infront of them, no lights on or nothing. They pulled out and got a van. It seems like recently on 222 thats all the PSP is doing is radar. A few times they are just sitting there doing nothing.

I got my last speed ticket on RT 30 @ walnut street exit going west, he sat behind a hill and got me. Worst thing ever. After that I've only taken notice to them sitting at that spot twice after that, and I wanted a RD two days before the ticket. I should have gotten it.

If I can ask, where were those videos taken?
    Last edited by Dane; 11-11-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Professional

Is it rt 897 dry tavern road? That spot is marked on trapster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast