Good Citizen

Default Latest BMW K1200S install (Blinder M25)

I just reinstalled my Blinder system on my BMW K1200S. (M25)
    Two jammer heads. One always points straight and is mounted to the nose and the other follows me in turns and is mounted to the front fender.

Walt

Ps- Just an FYI for installers. Not selling Blinders, just a satisfied Blinder customer.

Advanced Member

So you are open for rear shots..... :wink: Not that stealth. I would think seeing as an M20 with a head up front and back was enough for JTG and JFG the M25 would perform the same? Why two heads up front?

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

Actually it is pretty stealthy. Look at the last picture. (The angled one.) You can not see these unless looking from pretty much directly ahead and at close range since they are recessed behind the nose. Plus they are located in a dark cave. (I have shown a couple people and I had to point them out.)

You are correct there is no rear coverage. I have not found a suitable location yet. Believe me I have looked and looked.

As for 2 jammers? What I found in testing with Outrun was I had JTG coverage on the Pro Laser 3. UNLESS, I jammed on the brakes. We noticed the nose came down significantly and blanked out the jammer. (Because it is recessed so far back.)
    I remounted that jammer a little further forward and about ¾ of an inch lower. There was also some speculation that as the nose came down the jammer if not blanked by the nose would be pointing significantly down as to not be effective.
    The second jammer mounted to the fender will not nose over while braking since it is not mounted to the suspension part of the bike. It will also cover me in the situations where I am in a turn.

Good question.

Walt

Advanced Member

Only said you weren't stealthy because you are only protected against front shott and leaving yourself open to rear shots

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

Are you sures theres enough clearance between them, I think under heavy braking they may well smash into each other.

Very nice and creative install.

There's not a lot of room on your bike and it looks really nice.

I'm remounting my new LI system on my new K1200GT to get the upfront sensor centered. Should have it back today and will put up pictures.

Another note, I used a waterproof switch on mine. Smaller and won't short out when raining. And I ran the audio from the LI into my autocom so I can hear what I'm being targeted with. :-) If you ride in the rain at all, you may end up with problems with that switch. It was made to go into a car where it's assumed it will stay dry.

Newcomer

I just first want to thank you from a post that you made awhile ago before this one. I was able to install the M25 Blinder on my Hayabusa and some of your pics gave me a great idea. Unlike, other peoples way of installing the blinders I went to Lowes and got me contruction strength velcro and installed the front blinder that way. That Velcro is very strong and the blinder is installed nicely. I also have the other blinder head installed in the back of my Hayabusa under the license plate. Instead of using velcro I bought to bracket metal strips and attached it to the license plate and than installed the blinder below the license plate. It looks real nice. I think you need both the front and back protected. I highly suggest that you place one on the back. Also, instead of using the full blinder kit, I have the wireless additional kit that I use with the blinder and I use a bluetooth headset that plays mp3s and also will notitify me when they are alarming.