Professional

Default My ZX10 against the new Stalker Lidar

My local department just got their new Stalker lidar gun. My friend called me and brought it right over for me to check out. Its very easy to use! This was my first time shooting a lidar gun. We shot some traffic on my street. Its funny how fast people slow down as soon as they see my friend on the sidewalk with it lol. Anyways, I shot the patrol car as it was moving away, but could only get a lock on the rear plate. the back end of the black car was stealth. He turned around and I shot the front of the patrol car. The only thing i could get a reading on was his headlights. My neighbor came over to watch it all. He thought it was funny that I was clocking a police car.

Next we shot my zx10, coming and going. Going away, he could get a reading out to 550 feet or so (the end of the block) Coming toward the gun, he couldnt read me until about 250 feet. I was wearing a gray t shirt, so that might have been a disadvantage for me. I bet a single jammer head, front and rear would cloak my bike.

Then we shot my white truck with the V1 on the visor. Needless to say, he got a reading at any distance when i was approaching him. I flashed my headlights at him to let him know when my detector was going off. The V1 warns of laser even if you shoot it over the top of the vehicle at an angle. The interesting part is that he couldnt get ANY reading on me when i was going away from him. I drive with my tailgate down, and i have one of those black plastic bedliners with ridges in it. He said he aimed it everywhere on the back side too.

here is a pic of the front of my bike.

Cheetah Rep

That's pretty good on a bike with no jammers on.
    i was getting those PT's WITH an AL front and rear against a PLIII on my bike.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    All that chrome is killing you

So if you veiled your headlight you could pretty much getaway without a jammer?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by spankyaf

I recently installed a pair of HID headlights, so no veil for me. I want maximum light for visibility. I think a single jammer head, front and rear would cover me.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinZX-10R
    Quote Originally Posted by spankyaf

I recently installed a pair of HID headlights, so no veil for me. I want maximum light for visibility. I think a single jammer head, front and rear would cover me.
    Some mfg sell a plexi cover for the lites as protection... you could veil those and remove them for nite work