Default Hayabusa & blinder

hi everybody,
    I was reading your site for a few week now. I bought a blinder from Roy
    (Thank You Roy for fast delivery) and I already have X50.
    I forgot to mention that I bought blinder for my motorcycle and back mount was quick and easy. and then I stuck :shock: with front mount.
    I tried to mount it as that red yamaha from Roy`s stealth bike project.
    It looks very good and easy to adjust it horizontally but....
    Hayabusa sits very low and under hard stop and or dip pothole front suspension going waaay further then on r1 for example and Blinder hit front fender. I measured space under the headlight with front forks completely down and there is no way to mount blinder there. Payback for the best aerodynamically tuned bike..
    I dont want to cut any holes in plastics, bike is to gorgeous... to new....
    I can mount it vertically , I think... If it is not compromise performance of the unit. or I can mount it behind the windshield. I noticed that blinders lens is not transparent at all. What do you guys think about it? should I install both blinders behind windshield?
    any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Good Citizen

Default Re: Hayabusa & blinder

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_E55_2001
    I can mount it vertically , I think... If it is not compromise performance of the unit. or I can mount it behind the windshield. I noticed that blinders lens is not transparent at all. What do you guys think about it? should I install both blinders behind windshield?
    You can't mount it vertically, it has to be level with the road.

I'm not sure if it can be mounted behind the windshield and be effective. Send Blinder Dude a PM and he'll be able to answer that for you.

Default Re: Hayabusa & blinder

Quote Originally Posted by StealthR1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic_E55_2001
    You can't mount it vertically, it has to be level with the road.

I'm not sure if it can be mounted behind the windshield and be effective. Send Blinder Dude a PM and he'll be able to answer that for you.
    I think it would be very nice to test blinder behind the windshield, any windshield, clear or tinted. somebody in Denver with laser gun? I can provide my bike as a tester vehicle.. and post a results. I believe that this is a big issue for sportbike riders. Somebody help!

Good Citizen

I doubt very seriously if the jammer would work behind a tinted screen, but I'd be curious to see if they would work behind a clear screen.

I agree with that. Jammer should work with clear screen just fine , I tested X50 laser sensitivity with clear vs. no screen vs tinted 20% metallic tint. Clear screen have no effect on receiving infrared rays at all, so I cut down a little window in my DB screen and installed clear plactic from new clear Shoi helmet visor. I can post a pictures later if somebody interested.

Good Citizen

I'd like to see it.

I will do pictures tomorrow morning and post them here.