Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Tx
    Posts
    85

    Default Whistler Cruisader on 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R

    I thought I'd start a new thread on this.

    My friend's StealthR6 is about to be sold. He just picked up a new ZX10R so we installed his Cruisader on the Stealth10R 8)

    Here are a few photo's of the unit installed. We haven't installed the rear sensor yet because we are deciding on a permenant fender eliminator solution.






  2. #2
    Longsnowsm
    Guest

    Default

    Does the unit come with mounting brackets and all the stuff needed to mount the sensors and the main unit? Is that a blinder head or the actual RD sensor under the headlight? Can it be hooked up to a standard DC power plug or does it need to be hardwired? Does it use an internal speaker or does it have a jack for hooking it up to an earphone? If it does have an internal speaker is is loud enough to be heard while riding on the bike? Sorry for all the dumb questions.

    I am looking forward to your riding report. I would think with the front and rear sensors that this unit has should make it fairly sensitive.

    BTW, Nice bike!

    Updated: I just noticed this unit comes with a helmet alert system so my questions regarding the alarms may not be that relevant.

    Ride safe, have fun,
    Longsnowsm

  3. #3
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Tx
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    Does the unit come with mounting brackets and all the stuff needed to mount the sensors and the main unit?
    We used 3m double sided tape to mount the front sensor. For the rear sensor we'll have to wait and see how we mount the rear plate. We will be getting rid of the rear fender and signals, so when we decide on a clean solution for that, we'll mount the rear sensor. I'll follow up with that mounting too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    Is that a blinder head or the actual RD sensor under the headlight?
    That's the front RD sensor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    Can it be hooked up to a standard DC power plug or does it need to be hardwired?
    We hardwired ours since this is a permanent installation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    Does it use an internal speaker or does it have a jack for hooking it up to an earphone? If it does have an internal speaker is is loud enough to be heard while riding on the bike? Sorry for all the dumb questions.
    There are no dumb questions. In fact I would like anyone that has questions on any of the motorcycle countermeasure installations on our bikes to ask. My buddy is waiting for the return of the Helmet alert system....but for now is using the LED that is mounted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    I am looking forward to your riding report. I would think with the front and rear sensors that this unit has should make it fairly sensitive.
    I'll be sure to post it as soon as possible. This past weekend was full of rain........and they say it doesn't rain in the desert!
    We're hoping for a nice weekend coming up so we can get some good riding in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    BTW, Nice bike!

    Updated: I just noticed this unit comes with a helmet alert system so my questions regarding the alarms may not be that relevant.

    Ride safe, have fun,
    Longsnowsm
    Thanks, he really likes it. It's a nice machine.........we'll post more if weather/work schedule permits riding in the coming weekend.

  4. #4
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    McHenry,IL
    Posts
    6

    Default

    :?: Any updates on this. I'm considering the Whistler. :?:

  5. #5
    Longsnowsm
    Guest

    Default

    Gargoyle,

    Welcome to the forum. I also have an 02 Connie.

    Longsnowsm

  6. #6
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Tx
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle
    :?: Any updates on this. I'm considering the Whistler. :?:
    I apologize I have not given an update on this. Because of my hectic work schedule lately and the weather, we really have not had the time to do better testing.

    These are our initial thoughts with the limited testing we've been able to do.

    We've found that the Escort 8500 X50 on my R1 seems to give a little better performance. I'm not sure if that's because my Escort is mounted fairly high and the Whistler forward sensor is mounted rather low on the ZX10R or if it's because the Escort may be a little better unit.

    Don't take that as me being negative. The Whistler alerted to every LEO we encountered, however the Escort seemed to warn us a little sooner.

    One of the biggest positives I can think of regarding the Cruisader is that it really is nice the way it mounts remotely and has just a cockpit display. It's a cleaner installation and frees up a bunch of room in the cockpit of some bikes.

    We still plan on doing a more in depth performance comparison between the two when time and weather allows. I'll be sure to follow up then.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Whistler Cruisader Install on CBR f4i
    By amnesia in forum Motorcycle Protection
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 02:44 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 09:56 PM
  3. Whistler Cruisader/Radar Screamer ???
    By gargoyle in forum Motorcycle Protection
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 08:14 AM
  4. Whistler Cruisader on Yamaha R6
    By StealthR1 in forum Motorcycle Protection
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 10:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •