• Login:

Newcomer Array

Default Can I use the V1

Anybody have any pics or is it even possible to hook up a V1 to a vtx? I belong to a couple of vtx forums but nobody has the knowledge that is possessed on this site. I tried searching but no help, sorry if this is a newb question but just want to see what you guys are doing to mount rds to your bikes.

Power User Array

Default Re: Can I use the V1

I think so. You would need something in your helmet so you could hear it.
    R.I.P. Stealth Stalker / Rob Davis Moderator of rdnet 2008-2011 You will be missed.

How did “Radar Roy” Dominate Radar Detector Sales Online When He Never Sold A Single One?

Spoiler: show

Sales came easily. He sold you a persona. He sold “Radar Roy.” He sold an ex-cop and expert. He sold a guy who was nice enough to cross over from being “the man.” He shared knowledge and recommendations directly with his “Perfect Customer.” His message created their “Fantasy Result” of not getting speeding tickets. And oh by the way, if you had interest in buying a radar detector, Roy Reyer’s Radarbusters network of 45 websites would also be nice enough to sell you exactly what you needed. This is how he built the multi-million dollar online empire that totally dominated an industry.

Newcomer Array

on the v1 site they sell a adapter for headphones, I just wonder how to set it up and where, I guess leos would still shoot at the headlight..

Speed Demon Array

Quote Originally Posted by kageones View Post
    I guess leos would still shoot at the headlight..
    What do you mean here? Radar is like a floodlight...you don't shoot "at" anything except the general area of the vehicle. If you're referring to laser, a V1 is not what you need. Why don't you tell us your area/city and what you're trying to protect yourself from before we rush you into any sort of protection that won't actually protect.

For the record, a V1 CAN be mounted on a bike. Also for the record, NO Radar/Laser DETECTOR will protect you from laser. You need to get a jammer. Please see related forum section.

rc
    -Rob

2007 Honda Fit - Red
    Valentine 1 - High Mount
    Veil G4
    Blinder M27
    Uniden Pro-78W CB Radio
    Garmin 265WT (Bluetooth)
    Sirius Sportster 5

Radar Saves: Innumerable
    Laser Saves: 1 of 1

Newcomer Array

rc , I am in New Jersey and I have found there is mostly laser, at least on the Turnpike. I never looked into a jammer on my bike, if I am hit with laser..... its ticket time. How hard would it be to hit a moto headlight 9" round? Is it hard at all, I have watched a ton of videos but I haven't seen any tested on a bike. I ride/drive 130 miles round trip on the NJTP daily and haven't encountered anything but laser, I know there is x band still in NJ I just haven't seen it. I do not have a jammer in my car either , I use a rabbit and have had good luck with that and the v1, but realize I am flirting with disaster, on my bike .... there is usually nobody ahead of me.
    so new it hurts..

Good Citizen Array

u can get a blinder m27 kit with the cheetah bike adapters for about $600 shipped. given your bike headlight is hard to aim at, cops can still get it. they can aim at a car headlight 1000 feet away, i see no reason why they cant hit a bike light 500ft away. and plus, if ur bike has chrome or light colored parts, itll reflect laser just as well. go watch videos on youtube for laser bike shots. they are possible, and if your going fast enough, cops will target you. they would go for cars more though because its easier to pull over a car than a bike.