Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Yamaha R6 & Rider M27 + Bel STi

I have got installation all under control but want to double check my head placement to make sure they are all good. I will post a write up / guide for others on how i did it etc but need help with placement before i do.

Front; does it need to come forward further or can it go back further or is it perfect? I know its not level, we are just looking at position.

side

Back is where i am unsure.
    Option 1:

or Option 2:

What you think?
    Last edited by R6n350GT; 12-12-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Yamaha R6 & Rider M27 + Bel STi

front looks good, for the rear i'd put it in the second position above the LP. the first one is way to recessed.

dont forget to put a jammer head on your helmet!

Mobile Installer

when all done get it tested. Nice bike

Hope ur joking about helmet!!! Haha.
    dam I thought the back one would be too recessed. It just is like bam, look at ne on the back.. Wonder what my excise is if I ever get asked about it. Wish they made these heads able to be recessed as that 1st position is way more stealth will post picks when done.

When it comes to testing in Australia we don't have meetings that I'm aware of like u guys is one of those blinder laser testers worth getting?

Ok Install pics:
    Step 1: Mounting CPU Box

Step 2: Organizing cables

Step 3: Where the wires go under the seat. Power node connected to battery, one end plugged into kill switch and then kill switch plugged into cpu box

Step 4: Attaching the kill switch, loosen fork clamp so you can fit in the bracket of the switch then cable tie to handle bar. Run wires under fuel tank (wires can sit in the rubber mount)

Step 6: Silicon the status LED somewhere, i put it here.

Step 7: Front head install
    Will update when done

Step 8: Back head install
    Will update when done

DONE - now if you got a RDI as well cause you have a RD then!

Step 9: Use double sided tape to secure the RDI cpu

place it on top of battery - if unsafe please let me know - it may fit in the back storage area..
    Also connect 2nd power node

Step 10: Run cable under tank, alongside right air tube and then up fairing stay. Push wires in the gap shown, take off the two screws first.

Step 11: Unscrew right mirror so fairing can be lifted a little and you then see a hollow in the fairing stay. Push the Y splitter box from the RD cable in there and push two wires to other side of windscreen so they hang on the inside above tacho.

DONE!

Last edited by R6n350GT; 12-12-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Added install pics

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by R6n350GT View Post
    Hope ur joking about helmet!!! Haha.
    dam I thought the back one would be too recessed. It just is like bam, look at ne on the back.. Wonder what my excise is if I ever get asked about it. Wish they made these heads able to be recessed as that 1st position is way more stealth will post picks when done.

When it comes to testing in Australia we don't have meetings that I'm aware of like u guys is one of those blinder laser testers worth getting?
    i'm only half kidding about the helmet

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...mmer-kill.html

all the testers do is tell you if the heads are firing. not if you can successfully prevent punch throughs.

Lol im reading the thread now, ****..

Is the front placement one ok or does it need to be moved forward? Im repainting fairings cause of stone chips and im worries about the front head. Are these different to the M47 heads where you cant use something like invisible shield by zagg to protect the heads?

Radar Fanatic

if you have the room to bring the front head forward, i would. m27 and m47 are the same heads, just the amount of heads
    m27 (2 heads) m47 (4 heads). a thin layer of invisible shield wouldn't really help much at higher speeds, and i dont know if it effects performance. so i couldn't help there. but i wouldn't bother.

LI dual HP would of made you bullet proof :P but that's expensive ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by aa2033 View Post
    if you have the room to bring the front head forward, i would. m27 and m47 are the same heads, just the amount of heads
    m27 (2 heads) m47 (4 heads). a thin layer of invisible shield wouldn't really help much at higher speeds, and i dont know if it effects performance. so i couldn't help there. but i wouldn't bother.

LI dual HP would of made you bullet proof :P but that's expensive ^_^
    I will have to contact Zagg then, what do i ask? does it interfer/reduce signals of light waves, IR ???

How much more do i move it forward, i can have it sit flush with the black OR silver part of the fairing. Id rather for stealth look have it flush with the black but if it means a big difference in JGJ then i can put it closer forward and have it flush with silver but then its clearing sticking out..

Thanks for your help

Oh and why is LI better than Blinder?

Radar Fanatic

LI use laser diodes as apposed to blinder using LEDs. diodes are more powerful and more reliable (pretty sure they are more reliable). I have both blinder and LI. and at first i liked the blinder, but they are just inconsistent and unreliable. not for me. my LI are awesome. more powerful too.

I would just move it as forward as much as you need. i would have it flush with that silver nose thing in the middle.

as far as the zagg goes, again, not sure if i can help you much, but i REALLY wouldn't bother. if you want, you can. but i haven't heard of anyone putting it on their jammers, so i cant tell you from past readings about it. someone else will have to chime in

Thanks aa.
    I looked at LI, do get Quad for my car and then they dont make a specific motorbike one that links with vizalert so would end up costing me wayway more. I think blinder is good enough for me, if i was a hoon i prob would save up extra $ and get the LI but this is just to make me more aware of my speeding!!

Looking at the Veil G4 paint, where is the cheapest place to buy it from?
    So buying a radar tester is worth it just to make sure the heads are on and working? they are only like $30..