Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by spankyaf View Post
    I have LIs dual front and rear and I was not quite impervious in one of the tests 2 years ago ... one of the better shooters tagged my helmet on a dip in the road. I also have a bit of Veil on my headlights just be safe. But in the real world an LI on a bike is pretty tough to get a lock on.

The Cpu is good under the seat but you need a switch on the handlebar to be able to power off quickly.
    What color is your helmut? Solid, milti color, metallic paint? What was tour riding position? OSP was clocking my dark blue SV650 with dual headlights on low with my black helmut on the tank at just over 400 feet and the V1 was just singing along it's European siren high_low tone for a little longer than he does when I'm in the car, both w/o CM.

Professional

Default Re: Laser Interceptor on my motorcycle

Last edited by speeddemon; 09-20-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Advanced Member

Solid Light grey flat matte rf1000 .... I think Volvo Rob was the shooter if I recall and there was enough of a dip in the road to obscure the Li head for a sec. My ride is a fairly upright sport tourer

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    White reflects ALL colors, Black is the absence of color (ie: all light is absorbed)

Thus, Black is what you want for a helmet color. See if you can take it in to exchange.
    x2

definately go with black. You want to absorb as much of light as possible. The laser gun uses the reflected light to measure your speed.

Advanced Member

Most of my helmets are ridiculously bright and colorful. I've jammed far too many cops on my bike to even let laser determine what color helmet I will purchase.

CVR had to concentrate on the helmet and basically clip it to get the PT on Spankaf. These results were a major improvement over the PASS system that he had originally.

On topic, One LI head on my moto. The performance is absolutely ridiculous. 2 heads on the front of a moto is unnecessary. Buy a LI dual and place one head in the front and rear.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Radar Fanatic

Li on a bike just out run them .....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgo55 View Post
    With a single LI head and my rx65, there is no reason to outrun them. They never had a chance to begin with. I think that's a bit safer than twisting the throttle...
    Puma Power!!!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PMoth View Post
    With a single LI head and my rx65, there is no reason to outrun them. They never had a chance to begin with. I think that's a bit safer than twisting the throttle...
    Any Bike I want there really no room for anything i'd take my chances Li unit box isn't water proof is it?

You want to talk about being safe your on a bike you fall at 30 you can die or u can fall at 100 and live it happens

The other week I got a rear zr3 hit going 85 in a 55 i took no chances I took a few right turns
    Last edited by Idontgo55; 05-15-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by PMoth View Post
    Any Bike I want there really no room for anything i'd take my chances Li unit box isn't water proof is it?

You want to talk about being safe your on a bike you fall at 30 you can die or u can fall at 100 and live it happens

The other week I got a rear zr3 hit going 85 in a 55 i took no chances I took a few right turns
    A. Any bike that you may want, there is room for the LI control module. And if you can't find a way to protect it from the elements, let a professional install it.

B. What does a laser jammer have to do with falling off a motorcycle? You misunderstood what was meant by safe...

C. That's good for you. Buy a Laser Interceptor and you won't have to make a few right turns.
    Puma Power!!!

Advanced Member

By way of a reco I'm "vacationing" this weekend in the US and will be picking up a 2nd set of LIs for my Adventure Tour bike ....

Jesus Pmoth do you keep notes on this stuff? Do you still ride the same bike?
    Last edited by spankyaf; 05-16-2011 at 11:47 AM.