I am new and trying to better understand motorcycle defense, as I drive 80-90 miles a day through LEO infested areas.
Last year, I had some success with a V1, but also some problems which I have asked about in my other posts.
Now, having reviewed the forum a bit more, I am thinking I might just start over, from scratch, for a new, fully faired sport bike bike which I hope to buy soon.
1) I would like, please:
- a permanent, hard wired, discreet, installation
- fully capable detection/jamming to BOTH front and rear
- any other countermeasuers, VEIL etc to headlights (?) and rear plate (?)
2) Separately, I would be curious about the
- HARD or "heads up" display stuff for the helmet
- any links or sources for better use of headphones and/or GPS unit in combination with RD and LJ etc
For the basic setup, will the escort or Bel remote work on the bike? Again, I dont want a detachable solution.
3) Finally, could anyone please comment on WHITE helmets and BRIGHT bikes and if that will defeat the purpose of the VEIL and laser jamming gear?
For SAFETY, the research suggests pretty clearly that white helmets are much safer than black, and that "visual conspicuity" is a key risk factor in all serious or fatal accidents. Therefore, I canceled my order for a grey bike and expect a metallic, medium yellow.
I am not willing to decrease my visibility to other cars but dont want to spend $$$ on laser jammers and VEIL if my big white helmet is going to give me away.
Thanks for any and all ideas. If any of you are installers in the Northern New Jersey area, I would love to hear from you as well.