Lead Foot

Default New Laser Gun Can Clock up to 900 Meters

http://www.expatica.com/source/site_...e+wonder+laser

Speeding motorists face wonder laser

26 April 2005

AMSTERDAM — Speeding motorists who brake hard will no longer be able to avoid being caught out by traffic police armed with a new laser gun.

The latest type of laser gun acquired by Dutch police can measure a vehicle's speed up to a maximum of 900m away.

By the time a driver has spotted the police check, the vehicle's speed will already have been determined by the de 'Ultra Lyte Long Range 100' laser gun.

The police unveiled their latest weapon against speeding at a demonstration on Tuesday on the Wâldwei, near the Friesland town of Nijega.

The older laser gun has a range of just 400m, a police spokesperson said.

The newer version, unlike its

predecessor, can be used from inside a police vehicle. Each of the new US-made laser guns costs about EUR 8,000.

The police think this is a good investment as the hour-long demonstration on the Wâldwei captured four speeding motorists, resulting in a total of EUR 1,200 in fines.

Police officer Klaas Veenma scored the first catch of the day when the laser gun detected a businessman who was going too fast.

"I was on the phone to my wife and got distracted," the man said. "I drive 45,000km a year and therefore think that safety is very important."

He did not raise serious objections to being fined EUR 300 for speeding.

Journalists invited to view the demonstration tried to repeat Veenma's success.

All they had to do was point the laser gun at a vehicle, pull the trigger and wait for the car's speed to be displaced on a little screen. The reporters did not manage to detect any speeding motorists.

Copyright Expatica News + ANP 2005

Hum.. 900 meters. If i'm correct that is about 2700 feet. That's quite a distance, but I'm assuming a jammer would detect and jam it that far away anyways, right?

Radar Fanatic

That's even farther than 2700'. You shouldn't even need a jammer, just VEIL and something with good laser detection.

Yoda of Radar

900 metres is a lot! :shock:

900 metres is 9/10 of a kilometre, a kilometre is .625 miles, so .5625 miles, or 2970 feet.

Banned

The 100LR is actually becoming a discontinued model. I know this because I sold the things. The newer model is the L RB. It has the same exact range, but it's more user friendly for the officers. The LTI 20/20 Ultralyte compact(the one I used to test the laser mimic laser jammer) also has the same exact range as the 100LR and the LR B.

Chris

Manufacturer

This is probably only going to mean judicial notification problems.

It's been my experience that the Laser Atlanta has the greatest range.

Several years ago I clocked a vehicle on the highway in excess of 10500 feet or 2 miles! And that was through a windshield and hand-held.

The problem becomes at such great distances that the beam divergence is sufficient to introduce error into the process as other vehicles may be struck by a portion of the beam.

The optics of the Laveg units are exceptional and allow for targeting at greater distances accurately, even if the gun itself has a designed-in range limitation.

At these extreme distances, though, things can get pretty dicey and you are essentially back to the problem with radar when targeting a heavily travelled carriage-way.

At any rate, VEIL should definitely love this.

Armed with VEIL, a good detector, and brakes...This just means even more time to slow down!

Bring it on!

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Professional

Is ti similar to this binocular , it has 7x power :

http://www.laserjammer.citymax.com/lidar.html

The farther they beam it , the better it is for those

who are well equipped : advances warning.

Founder of Stealthvation

I wonder how much these go for $?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Banned

PoliceLidar.com is my site and I used to sell those for $500.00. I don't sell them anymore. I just sell Laser Atlanta Speed Lasers.

Chris

Founder of Stealthvation

Were they not any good? Why did you stop selling them?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Banned

I keep it in my car at all times, so I can check to see if my laser jammer is working properly before a long road trip.

I stopped selling them to cops because they aren't IACP approved. I just sell Laser Atlanta Speed Lasers now.

Chris