Lead Foot

Default Car Air Fresheners MAY Save Lives...

I thought this was pretty interesting, not about radar or laser though.

http://www.thejacksonchannel.com/irr...34/detail.html

Car Air Fresheners May Save Lives, Study Says

POSTED: 4:20 pm CDT April 26, 2005

A simple addition to your car could help you stay alert and avoid a potential crash, Detroit television station WDIV reported.

Each year about 100,000 car crashes occur because people fall asleep at the wheel, the station said.

But according to a study that was commissioned by AroMetrics and conducted by researchers at Wheeling Jesuit University, placing an air freshener in your car or adding a scent may reduce fatigue and increase alertness.

Researchers said pine is especially effective for alertness and scents such as strawberry helped reduce road rage.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Good Citizen

It's funny that WDIV had more on their website then they report, because I never heard this one!

Anyway, I suppose it's a good theory. Kind of the same theory as chewing bubble gum to keep awake (I chewed so much gum on the way home from my moms that my jaw hurt for a week!).

I think that the glade car fresheners plug onto the air vent, and the air just blows out through it. Although, I did have an old dance instructor that got one of the sticky ones, and just stuck it to the glove box. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by theresa
    It's funny that WDIV had more on their website then they report, because I never heard this one!

Anyway, I suppose it's a good theory. Kind of the same theory as chewing bubble gum to keep awake (I chewed so much gum on the way home from my moms that my jaw hurt for a week!).

I think that the glade car fresheners plug onto the air vent, and the air just blows out through it. Although, I did have an old dance instructor that got one of the sticky ones, and just stuck it to the glove box. Heh.

and they also help when you like to cut the cheese in your car while you drive like theresa does. ops: :wink: