Good Citizen

Default can anything be done

ok lets say here in california if your cited with a vc22350 but there is no traffic and engeneering survey for that road/highway that is an illegal speed trap if the officer used radar/lidar etc etc so can anything be done to get this cop in trouble? Here in town there are 4 cities and one of those four is tiny and cops there are just looking to see who they can ticket in fact people have been cited by the same leo multiple times for speeding. so lets say that small city is looking for revenue and has set up an illegal speed trap and all kinds of people have been ticketed and fined hundreds of dollar. My real question is what can be done to return that money to all of those innocent victims that were issued tickets based on a illegal speed trap i mean how can you make this a big deal and make the little city pay for what they did?

Lead Foot

Default Re: can anything be done

Quote Originally Posted by hshark
    ok lets say here in california if your cited with a vc22350 but there is no traffic and engeneering survey for that road/highway that is an illegal speed trap if the officer used radar/lidar etc etc so can anything be done to get this cop in trouble? Here in town there are 4 cities and one of those four is tiny and cops there are just looking to see who they can ticket in fact people have been cited by the same leo multiple times for speeding. so lets say that small city is looking for revenue and has set up an illegal speed trap and all kinds of people have been ticketed and fined hundreds of dollar. My real question is what can be done to return that money to all of those innocent victims that were issued tickets based on a illegal speed trap i mean how can you make this a big deal and make the little city pay for what they did?
    Call a lawyer ... see what he or she says.

Class action law suit?

To be foreward, unless there was conduct unbecoming a of police officer you are going to be hard pressed to find a way to repremand/fire them. They were just doing their job.

Good Citizen

Default reply

yeah doing there job.... leo's know the law they know what they can and cant do if he knew what a vc22350 is then he knows what the other part of the vc states. also "doing his job" if he was doing his job he would know that what he is doing is illegal. this question is a hypothetical question it hasnt been confirmed but i am pretty sure that a local leo is doing this and if a traffic and engeneering survey that i requested proves it believe me he will here from me and probably thousands of other residents and ticketed people....

Radar Fanatic

I agree with AWD_rules3830, get a lawyer, I have also had a citation that was very much wrong and the Judges in some courts are very biased with the LEO's.
    Could you PM me with the City?