Email from Applies Concepts..don't know if anyone cares or if it means anything, but i got it so i figured i would share it with you..
Applied Concepts Inc. / Stalker Radar Announcement
Stalker Radar Introduces Accessories for its line of Doppler Radar Speed Sensors.
PLANO, TX Nov 6, 2006 Stalker Radar continues to build out its line of self-contained Doppler speed measurement radars by introducing several new device interface accessories. Stalker Speed Sensors target system engineers, OEMs, and product designers and fabricators who require reliable and accurate imbedded speed measurement functionality.
The new accessories include:
• Programming Software and Interface. This allows the engineer to customize the Speed Sensor’s internal software and control such things as signal strength and range, data output format and bit rate, and a full range of radar functions.
• Connection Kit. This kit contains a panel mount connector, socket contacts, and documentation relating to attaching the Speed Sensor to its host device. A radar mounting bracket is also separately available.
• Power / Data Interface Cable. This eight-foot cable attaches to the Speed Sensor and supplies power via an automobile’s cigarette lighter receptacle as well as providing a 9-pin serial connection for a computer.
• 75-Foot Extension Cable. This longer cable allows the Speed Sensor to be mounted well away from its host device.
• Speed Sign Cable. This cable allows the Speed Sensor to control any of the many numeric speed signs currently available from Stalker Radar.
Also available on CD or by email is the Stalker Radar Speed Sensor Developer’s Resource Kit. It contains technical user and data interface manuals for the four types of Speed Sensors. Also included are data transfer cable diagrams and Speed-Sensor-to-PC configuration and communications applications.
Stalker Speed Sensor accessories are available at nominal costs while the Developer’s Resource Kit is available free of charge to qualifying engineers and designers.
The Stalker Speed Sensor is a fully functioning speed measurement radar and is completely waterproof. At 5” long and 2.75” in diameter, it only requires an external power source to output MPH or KPH speed data, target direction of travel, and signal strength.
The Stalker Speed Sensor is packaged in a rugged die-cast metal housing with O-ring seals and can track a wide range of targets from small projectiles to locomotives, at distances from a few feet to two miles, and at speeds from one to 300 miles per hour.
The Stalker Speed Sensor is available in four basic configurations:
• The Traffic Speed Sensor is designed for applications requiring a radar that can operate both while moving and stationary.
• The Speedometer Speed Sensor is used when the measuring platform is in motion.
• The Stationary Speed Sensor is used when measuring speed from a fixed position.
• The Sports Speed Sensor is specifically designed for clocking balls and other objects used in sporting events.
The Stalker Speed Sensor is designed and manufactured by Stalker Radar, The World Leader in Speed Measurement. Stalker radars are used extensively in law enforcement worldwide, by all Major League Baseball teams, and numerous other speed measurement applications.
Applied Concepts Inc. / Stalker Radar