Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default She should have had a better RD

Take a look at these 4 videos of a traffic stop. I just cant beleive how hew handled this. Be sure to eatch all 4.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/co...er_video1.html

Speed Demon

yeah someone posted that in another thread, that's crazy! but she needs to get out of the car when they tell her, not call the homeboys....

Speed Demon

I dont think it was smart to try and tell the cop how to do his job. Had she listened, and been polite, the whole outcome would have been different. I think the officer did the right thing, why should his job be more difficult than it already is just because she is inconvenienced? Good job on the officers part!

... Did you see how he nailed her for the little things (seat belt, cracked windshield, tail light) once she gave him attitude?

Lead Foot

If she would have listened, it wouldn't have happened, and her playing the race card, is typical because she got caught. Stupid person, I would have tasered the ***** too

Experienced

Yeah, I sure agree she acted real stupid, and it's the worst thing getting an atiutude with cops like that. I'd never do that, nor anyone I know. But think of it this way, what if that woman was YOUR wife? If that was my wife, and I was there to personally see what is happening, I could just pray that I didn't have a gun. I didn't have intentions before, but after watching this video I am positive I will NEVER carry a gun in my car.

Lead Foot

Well if she was my wife I would be filing for a divorce. I would never want to be married to so unstable like this.
    Nothegger, good call on your part. If you feel you would have reacted if you were carrying a gun then you are making the right decision by not having one. I personally dont have any problem with citizeens who do carry. Personnaly I do carry at times myself. Good call on your part.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by itisjustme
    Well if she was my wife I would be filing for a divorce. I would never want to be married to so unstable like this.
    Of course, I'd never marry a person who has such attitude, and I'm not going to get into what that woman in the video deserved or not. However, as I'm sure you have read yorself:

While health risks from Taser shocks remain under debate, officers have fired them at the very young and the very old at least 35 people 16 and younger, including a 13-year-old girl, and seven people 61 or older, including an 86-year-old man, were shocked. The Post also found that at least three women claiming to be pregnant were shocked.
    Departments vary widely in how they record and track Taser use, some requiring little or no explanation for why officers fire the weapon.
    Chicago officials halted distribution of new Tasers to officers after a 14-year-old suffered a heart attack and another man died within a week.

Maybe I didn't make a good example, becouse I know my wife would not have such an attitude, I was refering to the way officers treated her.

One out of every four suspects shocked with Tasers was unarmed, nonviolent and not posing an apparent immediate threat.
    Think of it this way then: imagine you had a 13 year old daughter, sweet girl, and she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Officers came after her, nad instead of complying she got scared and ran. And then they did to her what they did to the woman in the video.

I understand officers have to deal with even worst kind of people, and their lives are often in danger. I've allways respected them, and their work, but after watching and reading this, my opinion of them certainly didn't get better. This woman has been asking for trouble, but she was the one cought on tape. You don't know how many other people got Tasered who did NOT deserve it.

Anyway, before watcing this video I was sure that I could carry a gun, and never do anything stupid with it. Now, I'm not sure any more, so it'll be staying in a locker!

Radar Fanatic

I think that guns definitely have their place on the range and in the field. Shooting sports done safely can be a good time! However, I think that carrying one for self-defense is asking for trouble. I don't and would never carry one because I don't want that kind of liability. And I'm glad that police have the option to use less-than-lethal technology like pepper spray and tasers. If I were to lose my mind and do something stupid I'd rather be zapped than shot. (Though I do think that it would be smart to carry defibrilators in any police vehicle where a taser is present.)

In this case I think it was pretty clean. The officer couldn't have given her a clearer warning. How many times did he say that he was going to taze her if she didn't get out of the car? She even stated to the person on the phone that the officer "has a gun and is going to shoot [her]." She didn't have a weapon but what if she was trying to stall until she could reach one? The officer couldn't be sure that wasn't the case.

Their lives are always on the line. This is a prime example of why you should be courteous during a traffic stop no matter how annoyed you are at being pulled over.

Lead Foot

Every situation is different. In this case the officer was without doubt doing the right thing. He ended a situation that was going down hill by minimizing risk to both the individule and the officer.

As far as a family member of mine getting tazed. Well I would feel the same if a family member was pepper sprayed simply because it is a relative and there is a personal attachment associated with it.

As for people being tazed without proper cause. Well there will always be that small percentage of cases that the media will make people think are the majority. Most officers I know and have dealt with are professional and wouldn't just taze without just cause. You will always have that few who may act without thinking but remember these few are the ones who shouldnt be LEO.

As for the carry a gun or not. Well I rather not go any further on this because guns are a real polarized issue. Most people are either for or aginst. I will leave the gun issue with just this. If you are a responsible person and are authorized to carry and wish to then do it. If you feel you wish not to, then dont. My intention is to avoid the thread from heading in the wrong direction as I know the topic of guns can have that ability.

Lead Foot

If it was my wife on that tape? I would have said 'well see thats what you get for using RMR' LOL