Administrator

Default Police Radar Jammer Myths Debunked by a Retired Police

June 13, 2005
    PR Web

Radar Roy, a retired police officer is offering a $5000.00 reward for a radar jammer that works.

Radar Roy, a retired Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Lieutenant, who is also a certified traffic radar and laser instructor, is offering a $5,000 reward for anyone that can show him a passive radar jammer that works. Roy says, "Not only don't these things work, but you can spend up to $50,000 in fines and five years in jail if you're caught with one".

Roy offers his radar jammer challenge on his web site, (www.RadarJammer.com). On this informational web site, he has experts from police departments and engineers interviewed by ABC 20/20, CBS Good Morning, and Extra all showing that jamming devices manufactured by Rocky Mountain Radar had no effect on the police radar or laser guns at all.

Roy explains that there are two types of jammers, active and passive.

Ninety percent of all the jammers sold today, are passive. The theory behind these devices is that they reflect the radar/laser signal sent out by police back to their radar/laser gun. "This just defies the basic law of physics" says Roy.

The other type of jammer is active. These are designed to send out their own signal to defeat the officers speed enforcement guns.

Roy explains that there are several active radar jammers sold on-line by what he considers to be questionable vendors. "These jammers have a minimal effect in jamming. Their only goal is to jam your wallet, as these will cost you over $1,500," Roy said.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/6/prweb250350.htm
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Professional

I was driving the other day and heard a radio advertisement for the Phazer II. I just laughed.

Administrator

Default Just Laughed

I get sick when I hear them, I feel that another "sucker" is going to fall for it and get a trashey RMR C450 that doesn't work at all!

There have been several letters to the FCC complaining about these letters, hope that they will take notice
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Lead Foot

can anyone get a recording of these ads? I'd love to hear one, since I live in CA and they can't advertise here I guess.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by N3T_K1LLA
    can anyone get a recording of these ads? I'd love to hear one, since I live in CA and they can't advertise here I guess.

I hear them almost every morning now...

http://www.wrif.com/
    They have a link where you can listen live too. I hear them in the morning maybe between 8-10 Michigan time...

Lead Foot

Default Re: Just Laughed

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRoy
    I get sick when I hear them, I feel that another "sucker" is going to fall for it and get a trashey RMR C450 that doesn't work at all!

There have been several letters to the FCC complaining about these letters, hope that they will take notice
    I dont' feel sorry for anyone that buys one. You shouldn't just go out and buy anything from an advertisement. With just a little bit of reasearch, people would find out that they do not work.

Ignorant uninformed people get taken advantage of.