Old Timer
    Great Lakes

Default Denver Colorado ticket quota uncovered

Friday, May 04, 2007
    Denver, Colorado Ticket Quota Uncovered
    Police officials in Denver, Colorado confirmed that they have placed pressure on rank-and-file officers to issue a minimum number of traffic citations. Since September, those that have failed to produce have faced disciplinary action. "We're always looking at performance," Denver Police Captain Eric Rubin told KCNC-TV. "If an officer is under the average set we might discuss it with the officer." Motorcycle traffic officers must issue at least sixteen tickets in every eight-hour shift. With 26 traffic officers, that quickly adds up to 100,000 tickets per year and more than a million in revenue. All of the city's other officers have a reduced ticket quota to fill, in addition to their regular duties. Rubin insisted that these requirements are not a quota. Instead, they are a "measure of performance."
    Source: DPD Creates Ticket Quotas For Some Officers (KCNC-TV (CO), 5/1/2007)
    This information is courtesy of and is dedicated to StealthCB. Here you go StealthCB!

Speed Demon

Its a quota. There is no other reason for it. No wonder I always get these small bs tickets, they lik'em young.

Default quota

"Not a quota... a measure of performance."

Wow. Tells you how full of **** some people are.

mm good old denver.

Is this JUST Denver pd or all metro police. I never had any problems w/ Denver but the asshole Jeffco sheriffs deputy's are horny to pull anyone over for any reason.

If i had stayed in Denver, which i may move back I would definitely have moved out of Jefferson County. 1 because the sheriff's are dicks and 2 they had emissions testing.