Administrator

Default Do Radar Jammers Really Work?

WHAM TV
    7/5/2005

Kristen Miranda (Rochester, NY) 07/05/05 - A radar jammer that's being advertised locally is different from a regular radar detector. For one thing, it promises to make cars "invisible” to police.

The manufacturers are so convinced it works that if you do get a ticket, they say they'll pay for it.

If state trooper Erich Koenig wants to catch someone speeding there are several ways he can go about it.

He said, "You can get them from in front, behind, moving, or stationary."

Troopers have various tools at his disposal, such as a laser.

Koenig said, “When I look in the scope, there's a red dot. I place that on the front license plate and pull the trigger."

They also utilize regular radar. Koenig said by the time anyone hears a beep, he’s already got their speed recorded and it’s too late.

But radar jammers claim to confuse a laser (or radar signal) and to be able to detect police before they see you. Most protect from the front only.

http://www.wokr13.tv/news/local/stor...5-255C269DC42E
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Experienced

I have no experience with radar jammers but I know that radar scramblers are really work. They're making much returns for RMR (but nothing else).

Professional

I like the fact that he says they can just estimate the speed and it would hold up in court..

I think I would take a book into court and drop it from 5' in the air and ask the officer to guess the speed of it as it is falling.
    I bet he can not even get close to the speed.

Good Citizen

Eh watching a book drop and looking at a car travel toward you for several seconds are very different.

They are trained to be within 5mph, and the best are very accurate.. but it still shouldn't (and doesn't in MD) hold up in court. Human error could result in someone being unfairly nailed.

Scratonicity Groupie

haha, it would make my day to get at ticket with the reason calibrated eye. I mean how can you prove his eye was not tired, maybe the glare was putting alot of stress on it. Did his radio go off and distract him for one second, I think I could go on forever. Was the smell of the donut and hazlenut coffee making his mind wonder. Where his glasses / contacts the correct perscription that day can you prove that? wow, what a joke.

Please give me a ticket for calibrated eye that would be the funniest thing ever in the court of law.

And no I belive in the book theory. If there eye is so calibrated it should be able to judge the distance of anything. Hell, I'll use a feather that way it doesnt hurt the courts pretty little floors

--staton

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by boomerman
    I like the fact that he says they can just estimate the speed and it would hold up in court..

I think I would take a book into court and drop it from 5' in the air and ask the officer to guess the speed of it as it is falling.
    What are you saying? Completely obvious what the speed is. 9 4/5 metres per second per second is the acceleration, of objects falling on Earth in a vacuum (it does go down slightly as you increase altitude, but this is only important when you are going on the Moon or somethign) and a book dropping in the atmosphere of a courtroom should accelerate at a predictable 9.8m/s^2 (reasonably close) every time.

Two metres (6 2/3 feet) from the ground, when it hits the ground it should be travelling at about 6 1/4 m/s, which is 22 1/2 km/h or about 13 4/5 miles per hour. (sorry I think in metric...).

Yoda of Radar

Just make sure he uses his calibrated eye and not the calibrated brain...

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Quote Originally Posted by boomerman

What are you saying? Completely obvious what the speed is. 9 4/5 metres per second per second is the acceleration, of objects falling on Earth in a vacuum (it does go down slightly as you increase altitude, but this is only important when you are going on the Moon or somethign) and a book dropping in the atmosphere of a courtroom should accelerate at a predictable 9.8m/s^2 (reasonably close) every time.

Two metres (6 2/3 feet) from the ground, when it hits the ground it should be travelling at about 6 1/4 m/s, which is 22 1/2 km/h or about 13 4/5 miles per hour. (sorry I think in metric...).
    WOW..you do need to get another hobby!!

Yoda of Radar

No I had to learn all that in school... :?

Professional

I learned that acceleration business last year in school! Nice to know it was put to good use for something...