BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Motorists on the stretch of Interstate 20/59 known as Malfunction Junction in Birmingham will see more state troopers writing tickets for speeders.

Gov. Bob Riley assigned the extra troopers after motorists complained that drivers who observed the 50 mph speed limit were practically being run over by speeders. The junction is the state's busiest.

Since March 28th, troopers have written 3,965 traffic tickets and given 1,239 warnings in the junction.

Six additional troopers are enforcing the 50 mph speed limit. The six join four troopers working the junction on Interstate 65 from 41st Street to Oxmoor Road, and on I-20/59 from Bush Boulevard to the I-20 split.

Yesterday, troopers arrested Jason Brian Blue of Pell City after a chase that began on I-20. Troopers said Blue was speeding and tried to elude junction patrols when they attempted to stop him.

The chase ended when the car Blue was driving crashed into another vehicle. Troopers said the other driver did not appear to be seriously hurt.

Troopers said Blue was driving a car stolen in Hoover and was wanted on a charge of failing to appear in court in Bessemer.

He's with reckless endangerment, speeding, attempting to elude and other traffic violations.

Blue was being held in the Jefferson County Jail, with bond set at $23,000