The Muskogee Police Department will continue its enhanced speed-limit enforcement program through October.
The following areas will be targeted by traffic enforcement officers:
• Monday-Friday: U.S. 69 between Peak Boulevard and Harris Road.
• Oct. 8-12: West Okmulgee Avenue between Main Street and Virgil Matthews Drive.
• Oct. 15-19: York Street between Peak Boulevard and Harris Road.
• Oct. 22-26: Shawnee Bypass between U.S. 69 and Oklahoma 165.
• Oct. 29-31: 24th Street between Peak Boulevard and Shawnee Bypass.
Lt. Todd Whitman, head of the department’s Traffic Division, said the enhanced traffic enforcement is being conducted as part of an effort to rein in speeding motorists and reduce the number of collisions.