Radar Fanatic

Default uk detector ban rams through this autumn!

they said because they didnt pass the road safety bill before the election it either may never get passed, or it may be 2007 until its law!

well i read in the paper this morning that they are ramming it through parliment this autumn!

so if it gets passed it may be a year for it to come law! that would be sometime in 2006!

its only because they dont want drivers to have any defence against the cameras which are really milking the motorists for everything they have!

i find it funny that the uk government wants everyone to use buses and trains yet, yet its theses which are being attacked!

i feel sorry for londoners as they are paying through the nose for everything yet they are being dictated to!

if you go around london in your car you have to pay the congestion charge!

if you go by public transport theres a chance your kids may never see you again!

Good Citizen

i reckon that the UK has probably seen how much revenue you can really make (like in Australia) by having these speed cameras,don't know what speed you have to be going over to get flashed but over here i seen it change from only giving you a ticket when you went over by 11 kph now down to 8 kph $50 fine no points ,which means that 78/70 zone is a bit tough considering i have heard that car Manufactures are allowed for Auz standards to build new cars with the speedo out no more than 10% , I'm not saying thier building cars with all speedo's out of whack i'm just saying that thier allowed to be out by this amount which is not including that radar guns aswell that are out by 5% and companys actually say that they have to be calibrated every few months.So if car companys are allowed leeway ,radar gun companys admit thier is a margin for error how come were not allowed the same curtisoy :?:

Radar Fanatic

over here its 10% plus 2mph. so if your doing 35 or over in a 30 zone they have you,

i think in most 40mph zones your near 50mph before it flashes!

on the m4 in wiltshire the have got the vans on the motorway bridges, and they have been getting drivers for 79mph on the motorway!

they are raking the money and fines in...

i have a post on there called reasons for the m4 camera vans,

it gives the camera partnerships reasons for having the vans one includes a person fell off a bridge? whats they got to do with speed?