Administrator

Default Drivers admit speeding regularly

BBC News

Up to 55% of drivers in Wales admit to speeding on most days, according to a report published by the RAC.
    The research claims the number of drivers speeding regularly is up almost 10% on a year ago.

It said that overall 57% of drivers broke the motorway speed limit, and almost two-thirds exceed 30mph speed limits.

The figures came as another survey showed Wales had one in eight of the UK's mobile speed camera sites.

The 2005 RAC Report on Motoring published on Monday suggested current enforcement of speeding restrictions appeared to have little impact.

The most common reason given for speeding by those surveyed was the small chance of being caught. The RAC has termed this "driving under the radar".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/4241631.stm
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Radar Fanatic

I will readily admit that if traffic isn't bad and the weather is good, I'm bound to break the speed limit. (That includes my first drive with the Driver's Ed instructor ). And the ONE accident I have had in 7 years of driving occurred because I didn't move FAST enough. I am bitter to this very day.

Founder of Stealthvation

I tell you what I will admite that back in the day when I was attending college I used to FLY through all of the little cities and villages in Ohio. I used to go about 90mph on a 55mph zone. YES it was reckless but I was young and stupid. My V1 helped me out from getting any sort of speeding ticket ESPECIALLy on the little cities. They used constant on radar ALL OF THE TIME which was aesy to pick up. ONE TIME I had a close call with a State Trooper. I was going about 80mph on the 55mph zone and in adrive way the State Trooper was there. Nothing alerted me so I would GUESS he was sleeping. Would I do that again, NO that was reckless driving, juts thank God I never got pulled over
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

Hehe happy, that aint reckless (ok, maybe it is because it's through a city). On my drive home I routinely do 110-120 (but for all you know I'm talking km/h) for hours on end on I-85. Almost fell into a huge trap once (it's hard to describe, but basially they had built a hill right after a corner, and the cops park at the top of the hill and shoot the cars as they pass the corner. the hill serves no purpose other than to make for a good speed trap), but luckily I'm smart enough to observe proper following distance and saw the brake lights light up on the people in front of me.
    Richard

Founder of Stealthvation

Actually it is ALL country road they call it the Amish country. I WOULD NEVER speed like that in a city
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Actually it is ALL country road they call it the Amish country. I WOULD NEVER speed like that in a city
    Amish country can be a pretty bad place to speed. Coming up on one of those horse-drawn buggys even at the posted limit can be cause for evasive action. Not busting your chops or anything...that's just an observation from the few times I've driven in those parts.

Speed Demon

See....if you Canadians had maintained your full right to bear arm, you could have gotten a concealed carry permit, gotten your glovebox, and perhaps not have killed the guy, but give him a good scare :twisted:
    Richard

Lead Foot

Nah, you sound like a safety conscious driver (doing yuor own thing excepted)

I allow the MAX to show off a bit once in a while (speed, agility, comfort, performance) but every action is deliberate and telegraphed to the drivers to the left, right, front and rear of me, in a timely manner so they will be aware; I have found my warnings to go unheeded, ignored and even challenged at times.

What would you do in this situation: HWY stretch, posted Speed 70mph; two lanes; you're in the rt cruisin @80mph; coming up on 1 car in rt lane, 1/4mi away; you flash your HB, you close in 300 ft out you signal lane change; 120 ft you begin moving; 60ft, the A$$HL in front changes lanes, nothing in front. What do you do?

Speed Demon

Well first off, I wouldn't be flashing my lights at people in the right lane. Flashing at people is for the left (I'm assuming you're in a country where they drive on the right hand side) so they get out of the fast lane. Anyways, once the guy has changed just in front of me, I either go back in the lane I was in if that's still safe or (if I don't have the time to hit the brakes), I make use of the shoulder, but then again my big bad benz has 8inch ground clearance (pretty damn good for a sedan that is low overall, the front bumper is the lowest point too, to clear out any rocks/snow/mud).
    Richard