- 11-10-2007 12:52 PM #1
CA - Nampa to get lidar and use grant for other traffic enf.
NAPA: POLICE DEPARTMENT AWARDED $450,000 GRANT FOR TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT
11/10/07 5:45 PST
The Office of Traffic Safety has awarded the Napa Police Department a $451,432 grant that will be used to buy new equipment and increase traffic enforcement measures, city officials announced Friday.
The grant will fund operations that target those driving under the influence or with a suspended license, as well as red light, speed limit and seatbelt violators.
"We are very fortunate to receive this funding from the Office of Traffic Safety,'' Napa Police Chief Rich Melton said in a prepared statement. "Resources will be directed at enforcement efforts which have proven to be effective in reducing the number of collisions, injuries and deaths.''
In addition, the grant will provide funds needed to hire an additional officer who will be assigned specifically to traffic enforcement for two years. Funding with also enable the police department to obtain vehicle speed feedback signs, radar and light detection and ranging speed enforcement guns, preliminary alcohol screening devices and electronic citation devices.Laser Interceptor Dual, Laser Interceptor Quad, Valentine 1 & The Escort 8500 X50 - Blue, Uniden BC296D, GRE500, Lasershield, 2011 Kia Soul +, Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Black Dodge Neon SRT-4,
- By StlouisX50 in forum News StoriesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-08-2011, 10:42 AM
- By StlouisX50 in forum News StoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 09-07-2010, 12:02 PM
- By StlouisX50 in forum News StoriesReplies: 0Last Post: 11-05-2009, 12:52 PM
- By StlouisX50 in forum News StoriesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-24-2008, 12:31 PM
- By StlouisX50 in forum News StoriesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-25-2008, 07:30 PM