Radar Fanatic

Default Has a Scottsdale man found a way to beat photo radar?

Radar Fanatic

Two people already made topics regarding the Photo Fin.

It looks stupid and probably works, but it's WAY too noticeable to a LEO or anyone else that there is a big fin on your license plate.

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...ight=photo+fin
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...660&highlight=

Power User

I would be curious to see how it works, anyone find a site where he is selling these.

I said it before, Anyone who knows anything about photography will tell you about remote flash units, which will flash when the detect another flash in its present, You place one of these units in your back window and when the speed camera flashes this unit will flash with in a faction of a sec and blind the camera, all they will have is a picture of a big white blur.

Power User

the first time i looked at the article the photo fin did not show up. Not that is a cool idea, and it so simple if would probably work, and the guy is right, the cameras are usually off center and up high so taking a picture would obviously only get part of the plate.

But I'll tell you this much if the guys photo showed up too many times and they did not get a clear reading they could take the make of the car and the partial plate number and do a DMV search and if he does not have an ordinary car they will track him down that is for sure.

You know the govern hates when they are out smarted.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro
    I would be curious to see how it works, anyone find a site where he is selling these.

I said it before, Anyone who knows anything about photography will tell you about remote flash units, which will flash when the detect another flash in its present, You place one of these units in your back window and when the speed camera flashes this unit will flash with in a faction of a sec and blind the camera, all they will have is a picture of a big white blur.
    Something like this?

http://www.become.com/shop?refdisa=y...on+sb+r200&qet

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by maxima lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro

Something like this?

http://www.become.com/shop?refdisa=y...on+sb+r200&qet
    Yes if it works on the principle of detecting the flash. I had noticed many of the remote flashes these days now work off RF. The reason I know about these was due to my friend who was Photographer use to complain and go nuts when he was using remote flashes in a set up like wedding and other people around him were also taking pictures with a flash and his remote flashes would also go off from his their flashes. I think the new Remote Flashes using RF solves this problem.

Anyway, I think using this technology would be the most affective way of dealing with enforcement cameras, since it does not mess with the plate there by running the risk of getting a ticket, and it is passive solution since it only actives when the camera tries to take a picture. Also, if it works correctly, all they would see is a huge washed out image verse a car with a partial plate number. So in a sense it blinds the camera.

Also there is this paten that someone put in

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/63...scription.html

Professional

What about the intersections that have cameras and video as well? IR should be able to beat the video right?