Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JDS View Post
    ROCKY MOUNTAIN Tracking?
    What a well respected name.

Power User

Here is more on this article

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...-gun-case.html

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...teens-car.html

Sounds like the fight is still going on, man the police do not want to lose this case do they.
    Last edited by Maestro; 07-21-2008 at 07:53 AM.

I don't think its just the police the Radar companies have a vested interest that the ticket stands.

if they win the case and the ticket is thrown out because the GPS proves he was going 45 and not 62 like the radar unit displayed and the LEO testified to then that could be enough to put doubt on the accuracy of all radar encounters.

Power User

Not that it is not true, but I think it through more doubt on the operator the radar then the gun itself. If I was radar gun manufacturer I would have distance myself as far as i could form this case too the point of staying the Officer missed identified his target, or he had a poor tracking history.

If the gun manufacturing get involved in this and loose then people can point to this case and say here is an example where the gun said one speed and GPS said another and GPS as correct therefore radar guns are unreliable.

I have to look, but it think there was an Australia case where on of the manufacturers got involved in the radar vs GPS discussion and won the case for the police.