Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yoda of Radar

Thumbs down Here's one excuse that apparently doesn't work...

Just FYI, there isn't a chance in hell that I would have waited for the ticket. The cop can follow me to the clinic, and bring his supervisor with him.

MyFox Dallas | Dog Dies after Cop Delays Owners during Traffic Stop

Dog Dies after Cop Delays Owners during Traffic Stop

Last Edited: Wednesday, 20 Aug 2008, 9:01 AM CDT
    Created: Wednesday, 20 Aug 2008, 7:09 AM CDT

SAN ANTONIO -- A San Marcos police officer, who allegedly told two Texas State University students en route to an emergency veterinary clinic to "chill out, it's just a dog" has been reprimanded.

The couple was pulled over for speeding while headed to the clinic with their sick teacup poodle.
    The San Antonio Express-News reports Officer Paul Stephens, who allegedly told Krystal Hernandez and her boyfriend Michael Gonzalez, "You can buy another one" was made to watch the tape with his supervisor and counseled on how to improve his performance.

Missy, the dog, died on Aug. 5 while the couple waited 20 minutes for a speeding ticket from the officer.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Default Re: Here's one excuse that apparently doesn't work...

A cop who displays complete disregard for a pet's life isn't someone I want carrying a badge let alone a gun.

Professional

I wonder if they can sue the department/officer?

Speed Demon

wow 20 minutes for a traffic stop... that is ridiculous, should be more like 5-8 min max

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Just FYI, there isn't a chance in hell that I would have waited for the ticket. The cop can follow me to the clinic, and bring his supervisor with him.
    I agree. One way or another, I'm getting to the Vet. If the cop wants to arrest me at the Vets, thats fine.

My wife and I were at the movies and her heart just started to race for no reason. We left the theater and she thought it would just slow down, but didn't at all. She said to just take her to the ER so I'm doing about 65 in 45 (not much traffic on the road at all) and see a cop coming in the opposite direction. I knew he had me the second he saw me. I just started to pull over before he even made the U turn to come after me. Told him the story and he said, OK "I'll make it quick". Came back like 3-4 minutes later with a written warning and then says "I probably should of asked first, but do you need an ambulance". Wife said no, and the cop just said "Get there as fast as you can safely". Her resting heart rate was like 140 bpm when we got there.

Kinda wish I had the V1 then as they drive with C/O K band and I always get 1+ mile alerts on that road now.

Yoda of Radar

Hell if I was in that situation I'd be at 125 mi/h not 65 mi/h well depending if it was possible...

Experienced

+1 , Speed limit wouldn't even cross my mind.

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by CobraSTylE View Post
    +1 , Speed limit wouldn't even cross my mind.

X2

Street Lawyer

They just showed this vid on the local news here, it's got international attention and the department is apologizing. I think the officer is going to get the MaximaLover treatment.

Few Years ago when I was still a Vollie we had a Half Golden, Half Standard Poodle Mix named Indy, who got hit by the Mail truck coming up our driveway... Turned on all my FD lights, was blowing stop signs, passing cars ect... He didn't end up making it, but at that point traffic signals were one of the last things on my mind.

If that was Indy in the car and that cop had pulled me over, I would of told him to arrest me at the Vets and kept on going. Miss that dog.