Default PA - woman tries to steal an ENRADD unit!!

Two women who attempted to steal an electronic non-radar device waived their rights to preliminary hearings yesterday.

Megan Haag, 20, and Danielle Kenawell, 22, both of DuBois, both face charges of theft by unlawful taking.

According to paperwork filed in the case, officers were operating a speed-timing device, known as ENRADD, along U.S. Route 219 on March 12. As officers were operating the system, they observed a red Ford Mustang traveling north on U.S. 219 slow down in front of the ENRADD unit. The vehicle pulled away, then returned a short time later and stopped in front of the ENRADD unit.

Officers then noticed a female, later identified as Ms. Haag, exit the passenger side of the vehicle, walk over to the ENRADD unit, then walk back to the vehicle, and it appeared that she was talking with the driver. The woman then walked over to the ENRADD unit, picked it up, along with a battery pack, and placed it in the Mustang.

As the vehicle pulled away, police pulled out from where they were parked and pulled over the Mustang. The driver of the vehicle was identified as Ms. Kenawell. Officers observed the ENRADD unit between the driver and passenger seats. Both women were taken into custody and admitted to stealing the device.

The ENRADD unit is valued at approximately $4,000 and is the property of the state Department of Transportation North Central Highway Safety Network. It was being borrowed by the Sandy Township Police Department at the time of the incident.

The Progress News: Hergert pleads guilty to indecent exposure charge

*** The story is in the middle of the page; between other unrelated stories ***

Default Re: PA - woman tries to steal an ENRADD unit!!

Hmm...Me thinks that this could be grand theft? At what dollar value does the value of stolen property become grand theft?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK View Post
    Hmm...Me thinks that this could be grand theft? At what dollar value does the value of stolen property become grand theft?
    ^^ I'm no lawyer but I think $4000 is grand theft.

Old Timer

lol thats great

Yoda of Radar

Yeah, there is a huge black-market for those... you know who doesn't love a nice day of watching people drive by all day long, well knowing their speeds?

Of course, the police would just go waste more of her (and others) tax dollars to buy another unit... brilliant.

It is comical though!

Power User

I am betting they had no idea what it was, and thought someone left it on the side of road, considering these units have a large battery packs (those dead battery jumper units) attached to them they probably thought that had some value.

Then again DuBois is out in the middle of nowhere in PA. I use to deer hunt in that area, most squirrels are smarter then the inbreed humans there.