Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Speed Demon

Default Re: CA - California Appellate Court Declares Red Light Camera Contracts Illegal

Quote Originally Posted by slr_noob View Post
    Why no San Francisco (8 RLC near my location)?

I'm surprised that San Rafael has RLC, which I don't think I've seen them.
    If San Francisco's contract does not have the specific clause discussed in the article, then their contract is still valid.

The judge is declaring a type of clause in the contracts illegal, not RLC as a whole.

Street Lawyer

Default Re: CA - California Appellate Court Declares Red Light Camera Contracts Illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Just1n View Post
    If San Francisco's contract does not have the specific clause discussed in the article, then their contract is still valid.

The judge is declaring a type of clause in the contracts illegal, not RLC as a whole.
    x2, also the courts deal on case by case basis for their own jurisdictions only. While the opinion may AID someone in getting a judgement against a city with similar circumstances, the court can not know every contract that exists and declare them all illegal. If an illegal contract is being used in San Francisco, someone has to bring forth to the attention of the proper officials or sue the city in order to stop such things.