Good Citizen

Default Minnesota new campain to enforce speed limit

yet again the government has set aside 2.5 mil. to enforce speed limits in Minnesota. However, the good news is, someone has been paying attention and has finally got the message that 55 is to slow. Most people drive faster. I hope they change the limit to 60+ across the state of MN.

Heres the link to the story!

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5635576.html

Yoda of Radar

The max speed in the state was only 55?! :shock:

Longsnowsm

OMG, I would go insane with 55mph speed limits... Ok, too late on the insanity thing, but man that sucks. I didn't think any states still had 55mph speed limits on major routes.

Longsnowsm

Speed Demon

55mph backroads. Interstate is 70mph. Which is lame and a good cash cow for the state.

Good Citizen

Lucky for us, laser is most often used on highway. I say lucky as you can actually protect yourself somewhat against laser compared to radar. Once I get a bra and veil, I will probably be pointing and laughing when i go by the LEO! :mrgreen:

BTW most people in the fast lane at least drive 75+ in those former 55 zones...

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth_ARrOw
    Lucky for us, laser is most often used on highway. I say lucky as you can actually protect yourself somewhat against laser compared to radar. Once I get a bra and veil, I will probably be pointing and laughing when i go by the LEO! :mrgreen:

Where do you run into laser? Around the twin cities im guessing. Backroads is basicly k and alot of Ka.

If laser is bad better get a jammer from radarbusters.com

Professional

"Our guys are being told to stop all violations," he said. "There's no waiting for the 'Big Flyer'."

If drivers go even 2 mph over the limit, Peterson warned, "You're running a risk."
    What a great scare tactic. Someone should remind them that the acceptable margin of error for radar guns (last time I checked) was 7 mph. Do you have any idea how many cases would be thrown out if they started resorting to Central Florida-style speed traps simply because the radar was too deep within their margin of error.

I still say you're safe going 10 over in Minnesota (and after years of visiting family up there and seeing how little Minnesota's staties care about speeders for 20 days of each month, I feel at least somewhat qualified to say that), especially if you have a good detector. Just watch out for those white lines, though. Those are the killers, especially when quota time gets near.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by raresvx
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth_ARrOw

Where do you run into laser? Around the twin cities im guessing. Backroads is basicly k and alot of Ka.

If laser is bad better get a jammer from radarbusters.com
    There is alot of laser in twin cities, on highway AND in small towns and municipalities. My only speeding ticket ever was in Medina west of Minneapolis where about only 4000 people live with LEO using lidar.