Good Citizen

Default Corruption with a red light camera system

Sorry, I'm unable to give you a reference for this story, as I heard it on the radio. On 93.7 this morning I happened to overhear a story about a town in California that had recently installed new red light cameras. The city had modifed the red lights so that they change from yellow to red in 3 seconds, instead of the standard 4.33 seconds. The city was apparently making so much money that it routed some suspicion and they got caught.

Someone seriously needs to pay for this, send back all the money to the supposed violators so that justice is restored. I didn't hear anything about the residents in the area, but i hope they are pissed...

Administrator

Default Repeat

happened to overhear a story about a town in California that had recently installed new red light cameras
    This happened in San Deigo a few years back, maybe a repeat??
    They pulled all the camera out and got a new contractor
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Professional

Mesa, AZ, also did this, setting their traffic lights to stay yellow for only 2.7 seconds. They got a lot more money from red light cameras, yeah, but accident figures also skyrocketed until they set the lights back to 4.7 seconds or so.

Lead Foot

This is a little twist on the same sort of issue. In a town near me in Pennsylvania there ia a traffic light at an intersection where a mini mart sits and the caution timing set lower than standard and in this town they don't use camera lights but instead the local police will sit in the mini mart parking lot and watch this light, they never ticket anyone for going through a red light. What they do though is use this light as a reason or probable cause to pull people over and warn them of the infraction and at the same time the real intent is to find DUI drivers.