Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Default Laser-Equipped Detectors Zero In On Speeders

UPDATED: 6:52 pm EST February 23, 2005
    State police in Massachusetts and New Hampshire are using laser-equipped detectors to zero in on speeders.

NewsCenter 5's Pam Cross reported that the detectors can pinpoint one speeding vehicle in a bunch of cars and it can find speeders farther away than radar ever could.

Yanking cars out of high-speed traffic is all in a day's work. New Hampshire State Police Trooper Sue Harbour said that she writes 100 speeding tickets a week for people going 80 mph and faster.

The laser speed guns are now in widespread use. It's taken a while because each New Hampshire detector costs about $5,000. They pinpoint a vehicle's exact distance and speed.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...31/detail.html
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Founder of Stealthvation

Nothing that the Blinder and Laser Veil cant take care off. Man this stuff make me want to upgrade to an M40 :twisted:
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

Sure they can target your speed, but can they write you a ticket if they target you for speeding from further away than 1000'? I thought this was the standard distance for speed detection.

Founder of Stealthvation

They can do ANYTHING they want. They are really going to piss me off and make me upgrade to an M40 :x

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

Looks like this will be an interesting driving season for me. The vast majority of my highway driving is along the Mass Pike and north into New Hampshire and southern Maine. I don't know if this is a new thing, though. They aren't THAT bad with laser here, but I've definitely seen it in use on most of the highways.

Administrator

Default 1000'

Sure they can write you a ticket if you are further then 1000', but will it hold up in court???
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Speed Demon

I have got a funny story about laser guns that happened when I owned a 2001 black Honda Prelude. I was driving to work going 75 in a 55 with my V1.7 on and it went crazy like I had never heard before so I slowed down. About 1/4 mile later, I see one state trooper on the side of the road with a laser gun pointed at me trying to wave me over. I looked down like I was messing with my radio while he waved like crazy and I cruised right passed him. I quickly went up the road and turned off into a store that had a huge parking lot with alot of big vehicles. I parked on the other side of a big vehicle so my car couldn't be seen from the road.

I jumped out and speed walked inside the store and acted like I was looking for something. It turned out to be a Pet Supply store so I just walked around for 10-15 minutes until things cooled down. I went outside and climbed into my car and drove a more hidden route to my workplace. I thought it was interesting that he was working a laser gun competely alone with no backup other than a police radio. The funny thing is that that is the only time in the past four years that I have seen a "speed trap" with laser setup if you want to call it that. I wonder if my incident had anything to do with why they don't do 1 person laser traps anymore.

Lead Foot

I saw an effective one-man laser speed trap once in Maryland. The highway patrol officer was parked on the left shoulder of the interstate at the bottom of a long hill. He had his driver's side door open standing outside using it to steady his laser gun at traffic coming up behind him. He clocked a white luxury sports car, jumped in his cruiser, sped up fast and merged right behind his victim with lights flashing.

Founder of Stealthvation

That is what they do here in Ohio. They laser you, jump in their cruiser, and pull you over. I have never seen the "wave you over". I have ONLY seen that with VASCAR

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

That video reminded me of the incident but in the video there are 2 cops and in my incident there was only one.