Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default TX - New seat belt laws 9/1/09

Texas becomes 23rd state to require wearing rear seat belts.

In comparison: Germany, 1984. Sweden, 1986. France, 1990. UK, 1991.

Even though the law goes against natural selection, it will save ER costs (and grievance) for taxpayers and insurance payers

http://www.examiner.com/x-14133-Houston-Family-Examiner~y2009m8d17-Click-it-or-ticket-it-New-safety-belt-carbooster-seat-laws-for-Texas-drivers

Last edited by ahmadr; 08-19-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: TX - New seat belt laws 9/1/09

I have worked enough wrecks that no one needs to tell me to wear a seatbelt. They work guys, just wear it.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Seatbelts are the leading cause of sternum injuries & abdominal injuries during a MVA.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Won Hunglo View Post
    Seatbelts are the leading cause of sternum injuries & abdominal injuries during a MVA.
    So, is it safer to be unbelted?

Newcomer

very true!! buckle up and be safe.

Speed Demon

Clickit or ticket

Yoda of Radar

They replaced steering wheels for that honour.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Lead Foot

I was wearing a seatbelt in every MVA Ive been in, including the one I got careflighted due to a possible brain injury (had slight bleeding on the brain), and I still wear my seat belt everywhere I go, why? Because they work! If a selt belt injures you in an MVA besides some knarly lookin bruises and a sore shoulder for a few weeks, then your seating position or how you are wearing the seatbelt is incorrect.

Aka those who "gangsta lean" and what not will probably have the injuries you speak of. I had a proper seat position and posture, was properly wearing my seat belt and hit the business end of a guardrail pretty much dead center with my drivers seat and I got none of those injuries you speak of.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by tsugsr View Post

I was wearing a seatbelt in every MVA Ive been in, including the one I got careflighted due to a possible brain injury (had slight bleeding on the brain), and I still wear my seat belt everywhere I go, why? Because they work! If a selt belt injures you in an MVA besides some knarly lookin bruises and a sore shoulder for a few weeks, then your seating position or how you are wearing the seatbelt is incorrect.

Aka those who "gangsta lean" and what not will probably have the injuries you speak of. I had a proper seat position and posture, was properly wearing my seat belt and hit the business end of a guardrail pretty much dead center with my drivers seat and I got none of those injuries you speak of.
    LOL. Won was just joking

Street Lawyer

God please don't remind me. Texas is so awkward and it's because of $hi- like this that good laws and bad laws get passed in the same session:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfhO38CPlAI]YouTube - Government Officials Voting Fraudulently: Lawmakers Breaking the Law - Texas Legislature[/ame]

Here we have a BS law requiring seat belts in the back coming up (meaning now I'm in danger of a ticket because my damn brother in law won't wear one). But on the same day rear side window tint goes from max 20% to no max. It's a catch-22 lawmakers are corrupt