Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Street Lawyer

Default TX - New driving laws

Just a reminder new laws go in effect today, click it or ticket kids

Speed Demon

Default Re: TX - New driving laws

The two laws i heard of are the cell phone and school zone,and the seatbelt ticket. Are there any others that are new? Ayone care to go into detail..

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by texasspeed View Post
    The two laws i heard of are the cell phone and school zone,and the seatbelt ticket. Are there any others that are new? Ayone care to go into detail..
    Texas tint law requiring a label of compliance on the front driver side window or on the windshield (on the flip side, rear side windows can be ANY darkness now!!!)

Texas Department of Motor Vehicles established, technically Txdot is a "legal fiction" for title and registration purposes from now until 11/2009, as Section 501 and 502 definitions of "department" were changed to "Texas Department of Motor Vehicles" today -- however, the Texas DMV won't officially rise until November, so TxDot is still processing new, original and renewal registrations and titles, even though the texas transportation code it's self, effective TODAY, says they're not the proper department to be processing or issuing titles, plates and registration insignias. I'm refusing to renew my plates until November

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    Texas tint law requiring a label of compliance on the front driver side window or on the windshield (on the flip side, rear side windows can be ANY darkness now!!!)

Texas Department of Motor Vehicles established, technically Txdot is a "legal fiction" for title and registration purposes from now until 11/2009, as Section 501 and 502 definitions of "department" were changed to "Texas Department of Motor Vehicles" today -- however, the Texas DMV won't officially rise until November, so TxDot is still processing new, original and renewal registrations and titles, even though the texas transportation code it's self, effective TODAY, says they're not the proper department to be processing or issuing titles, plates and registration insignias. I'm refusing to renew my plates until November
    I'll be doing the same, luckily mine expired 8/09 so I get an extra two months!

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by bockr View Post

I'll be doing the same, luckily mine expired 8/09 so I get an extra two months!
    Lawls this should be fun explaining in court why the registration wasn't renewed

Professional

One of my buddy was telling me that everyone in the car is needed to put on the seat belt.....But as usual i call him bluff

But not sure if this is true...

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by kennethmiranda View Post
    One of my buddy was telling me that everyone in the car is needed to put on the seat belt.....But as usual i call him bluff

Call his bluff and face a ticket!

New laws state everyone in a passenger vehicle, no matter the age or seating position must wear a seat belt.....it then goes on to explain seating requirments for toddlers and small children. Best to be safe and just buckle your seatbelt!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by tsugsr View Post

Call his bluff and face a ticket!

New laws state everyone in a passenger vehicle, no matter the age or seating position must wear a seat belt.....it then goes on to explain seating requirments for toddlers and small children. Best to be safe and just buckle your seatbelt!
    he usually bluffs a lot....

Yeah i read that in the newspaper today. They are stepping up enforcement in college station. yeah the first offence is 25 and next is 250. They cant give tickets till sometime next year....But i expect a lot of warnings.....

Lead Foot

They cant give tickets till sometime next year....But i expect a lot of warnings.....

Not sure where you heard this. The law went into effect September 1st 2009, meaning tickets can be issued September 1st 2009 lol. Im sure alot of warnings will be written for a few weeks and maybe even a month or two so people who some how have their head so far up their ass dont know about the new laws, find out.

Professional

sorry about it guys, i was mistaken. That was for the child seats
    Last edited by QuickTrigger; 09-04-2009 at 09:24 AM.