Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default daft villagers with bushnell radar gun!

there is an artical in my local paper about some daft villagers who have sudden started to complain of drivers speeding....

They want their 30mph zone reduced to 20mph.. problem is, this is in the middle of the countryside!

Heres the pic, they are also complaining off people slowing down when they see them, so they want signs saying they are there!

I do they know they are inaccurate! and are subject to errors... and can only be used if its pointed at the only car on the road at that time, none infront, none behind and no one going in the opposite direction!

I've never been through a radar trap, now i know this i'll have to go up and have alook!

Yoda of Radar

I dont think that old man could target a single car from over 100feet, my goodness with how much his arm must shake with holding that thing.

Professional

Let's be respectfull of older people , one day we ALL be at the same stage , unless we die at an early age.

I can understand those people fed up with high speed at the wrong place , as much as I hate Leo and speed traps as much I do for speeders with no social sense . Speed on the freeway , speed with respect to other's life .

Do to others what you would like they do for you = social sense is a no-age value.

Amen :roll:

Radar Fanatic

with those glasses half way down he looks like a professor.

professor radar?...

Advanced Member

I have friend who works in the traffic dept of a city. They get complaints all the time about speeding in neighbourhoods but when they collect data on the areas they invariably find 99% of the drivers are around the speed limit.

Get a life

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by laserblaster
    with those glasses half way down he looks like a professor.

professor radar?...
    HMM.. could this be Professor Jim (jimbonzzz) long lost relative :?:

Radar Fanatic

........ no seriously though theses people are creating something from nothing, even if there is deaths on the road...

why is it all of a sudden if theres a death on the roads its been caused by speed....

alot of theses road use to have the national speed limit on them at one time, why are they complaining of speeding now, they and the roads have been their years well over 40 i bet!

i think they get a few out of now where accidents which result in fatalities and they blame speed as the cause, the real reaons are far from speed...

possible driver error, they didnt reslise how slippy the road is....
    diesel of the roads, bad car designs! etc.......

going to fast for the conditions, and you dont have to be speeding, our street is 30mph on some in my area its crazy to go faster than 15 - 20 mph due to snow on the roads!

theses people are brainwashed by the government camera partnerships, which are giving out the wrong signals!

speed kills yet, they say accidents are down.... but they have caught more people speeding, so how can they keep talking their jargon!

here in the uk its not just money its points on the licence! get caught 4 times and its game over!

i now of many roads which use to be 70mph but which are now 40mph with camera vans on them...... all because people keep driving into the roundabout and they still are doing it.....

this is caused by people not driving properly, not speed!

Lead Foot

did you see Top Gear the other night with the Ladyman the MP for traffic
    trying to justify speed camera's?
    turns out mr ladyman has 9 points on his licence !!!

Radar Fanatic

funny how he said that they are saves lives...

so lets put this into context........

there are deaths on the roads and they say speed kills and is the cause of them, so they put up cameras, and they say accidents are going down and they are saving lives, yet the number of people being caught speeding is constantly on the up....

if millions are being caught, and accidents are down isnt this saying what we have said all along speed doesnt kill and cameras are ticket machines!

sound true to me...

the only time i like driving slow is in the snow!!

Professional

this is caused by people not driver properly not speed!

Agree with your anlaysis . As they say : for a few bad , all pay the price.

Safe speed is completely different than posted speed.

I just paid a laser ticket , Lti @ 1040 feet(300m) : 84/55mph (135/90 kms zone) 3 lanes highway , dry , sunny , 7.00 am , light traffic , driving left lane . Cost : $ 230.00 uscy .
    Even with a V-1 which did NOT set off for whatever reason (placed too low or miss targetted). :arrow: :?: