Radar Fanatic

Default Virginia State Police Motorcycle Officers Crackdown On Speed

Officers on motorcycles to patrol Va interstates | HAMPTON ROADS NEWS | WVEC.com | News for Hampton Roads, Virginia | Local News

Officers on motorcycles to patrol VA Interstates

by Associated Press

Posted on November 11, 2009 at 10:59 AM

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — Law enforcement officers on motorcycles will be out on interstates in southeast Virginia this week to crack down on speeding and other violations.

The Motor Enforcement, Accident Reduction effort, referred to as Project M.E.A.R., will include officers from Virginia State Police along with the Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth and Virginia Beach police departments. The Portsmouth Sheriff's Office also is participating.

Throughout the year, law-enforcement agencies work together on projects to increase enforcement on roads, track down people wanted on warrants and to identify criminal activity in undercover operations.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Virginia State Police Motorcycle Officers Crackdown On Speed

Advanced Member

I have seen a bunch of cops on bikes over the past week or so. This is when they try to make as much money as they can by then end of the year and this year they are broke so they really need to make us proud. I saw a VSP with a baby seat in the back of his patrol car. He was sitting on the side of the road 95 N. Bound right before Springfield exit. Unmarked silver Impala with light tint. Prince William County is back to using there unmarked Corvette police car also. I will try to get a picture and post it.
    2004 Ford Excursion V10 Eddie Bauer Edition / Mercedes Benz E Class
    EBC Vented and drilled rotors ..EBC 4000 Kevlar brake
    Gibson Headers
    PIAA XT 90 Fog Lights Vision X Off Road Lights HID 5700
    Galaxy 919 CB Radio, Palomar 80, 100 Watt power amplifier
    Wilson 1000 antenna
    Magellan GPS Cheetah C50 GPS
    Costillo Dash Cam VC-100
    Kustom Pro Laser ll Infrared Lidar Gun Bushnell Radar Gun
    Valentine One Radar Detector's for the past 15 plus years

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyValentineone?feature=mhum

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jstglockem View Post
    I have seen a bunch of cops on bikes over the past week or so. This is when they try to make as much money as they can by then end of the year and this year they are broke so they really need to make us proud. I saw a VSP with a baby seat in the back of his patrol car. He was sitting on the side of the road 95 N. Bound right before Springfield exit. Unmarked silver Impala with light tint. Prince William County is back to using there unmarked Corvette police car also. I will try to get a picture and post it.
    They always seem to be cash strapped these days...which I find hard with all these crazy amounts of reckless driving tickets and other tickets they issue. A trooper with a baby seat in the back...wow. Prince William using an unmarked Corvette!?!? Hope that was a drug dealers car that got confiscated and not just bought for traffic enforcement! Wow I won't be driving through VA til December but this scares me. I'm already paranoid driving through VA. Good eyes jstglockem. If you could get a picture that would be much appreciated.