Radar Fanatic

Default Maryland State Police: Road Rage Incident

Man Wields Gun In Road Rage Incident - Baltimore News Story - WBAL Baltimore

Man Wields Gun In Road Rage Incident

POSTED: 10:32 am EST November 21, 2009
    UPDATED: 11:12 am EST November 21, 2009

BALTIMORE COUNTY, Md. -- Troopers from the Maryland State Police Golden Ring Barrack said a road rage incident ended with a driver wielding a gun at another driver on Friday.

It happened around 1 a.m. on the inner loop of Interstate 695 near Interstate 795. Troopers were advised that the driver of a tractor-trailer displayed a handgun at a dump truck driver. State Police dispatchers from the Golden Ring Barrack kept the dump truck operator on the line while troopers responded to the area.

Troopers said when the tractor-trailer was searched they found a black semi-automatic handgun. It was later determined by troopers that the handgun was an air charged pellet gun.

The operator of the tractor-trailer, Johnathan Maniah Adams, of Fort Worth, Texas, was arrested without incident and is currently being held at the Baltimore County Detention Center without bail.

Experienced

Default Re: Maryland State Police: Road Rage Incident

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedUp View Post
    Man Wields Gun In Road Rage Incident - Baltimore News Story - WBAL Baltimore

Man Wields Gun In Road Rage Incident

POSTED: 10:32 am EST November 21, 2009
    UPDATED: 11:12 am EST November 21, 2009

BALTIMORE COUNTY, Md. -- Troopers from the Maryland State Police Golden Ring Barrack said a road rage incident ended with a driver wielding a gun at another driver on Friday.

It happened around 1 a.m. on the inner loop of Interstate 695 near Interstate 795. Troopers were advised that the driver of a tractor-trailer displayed a handgun at a dump truck driver. State Police dispatchers from the Golden Ring Barrack kept the dump truck operator on the line while troopers responded to the area.

Troopers said when the tractor-trailer was searched they found a black semi-automatic handgun. It was later determined by troopers that the handgun was an air charged pellet gun.

The operator of the tractor-trailer, Johnathan Maniah Adams, of Fort Worth, Texas, was arrested without incident and is currently being held at the Baltimore County Detention Center without bail.
    What, arrested and held without bail for showing off his airsoft gun? Maaan

Radar Fanatic

I feel like that is not completely true. I'm sure he was released with a small bail. Maryland laws aren't too strict criminal wise...Unless this guy was wanted for some serious crime or was already on probation I do not see them holding him without bail. On another note it didn't surprise me that he was from Texas.

Radar Fanatic

Airsofts guns might as well be real. I mean you get in trouble for brandishing a real gun... even if it isn't loaded.

One of these is very real and one is very fake...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Power User
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts

Quote Originally Posted by 9500ier View Post
    Airsofts guns might as well be real. I mean you get in trouble for brandishing a real gun... even if it isn't loaded.

I have to wonder why he would even have an airsoft gun in the truck. It could only get him in trouble and would be nearly useless for getting him out of it.

RadarBusters Associate

a couple of buddies of mine told me that while i was living in CA they were almost arrested for shooting people with air soft guns. Apparently some dude they had shot tried to run them down while calling the police. It would seem that when they got stopped by the police and by this I mean they were surrounded by four cars and guns where being pulled out on them the dude running them down got out of his car and attacked them, which ended up him getting arrested and them both getting off with warnings. Now normally I wouldn't believe something like this considering one of my friends who likes to make stories, but the other one of my friends is usually very reliable when it comes to stuff like this, so I really don't know what to think about when it comes to getting in trouble with air soft guns... I never got in trouble for using them at least.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by 9500ier View Post

Yeah pointing a gun at someone is just plain stupid unless it is for a good legal reason. The one on the right with a stainless steel slide is real I think.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by GreenRadar View Post
    a couple of buddies of mine told me that while i was living in CA they were almost arrested for shooting people with air soft guns. Apparently some dude they had shot tried to run them down while calling the police. It would seem that when they got stopped by the police and by this I mean they were surrounded by four cars and guns where being pulled out on them the dude running them down got out of his car and attacked them, which ended up him getting arrested and them both getting off with warnings. Now normally I wouldn't believe something like this considering one of my friends who likes to make stories, but the other one of my friends is usually very reliable when it comes to stuff like this, so I really don't know what to think about when it comes to getting in trouble with air soft guns... I never got in trouble for using them at least.
    My friends and I did this in Baltimore back in 2005. We would shoot unsuspecting people in the winter time, since everyone wore thick coats. Stupid I know, (especially since most people in Baltimore already carry an illegal gun ) but no one ever got arrested for it or even chased. Still I look back on those days and laugh, then I think about how I could have been blown away by some other asshole who was carrying a real gun or get shot by a police officer. Pulling a fake gun on anyone is just asking for trouble in todays world.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedUp View Post
    I feel like that is not completely true. I'm sure he was released with a small bail. Maryland laws aren't too strict criminal wise...Unless this guy was wanted for some serious crime or was already on probation I do not see them holding him without bail. On another note it didn't surprise me that he was from Texas.
    Yeah, it must be something else. If they figured out it wasn't a real gun, why would they prosecute him like it was?