Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Man

Good Citizen

Default Ticket Man

I had no idea where to post this so its here

I know this sort of thing does go on out there (I think we all do ) but why does it take something like this to expose it.

'Ticket Man' Gives Ambulance a Ticket || WXYZ.com | WXYZ-TV / Detroit | Detroit News, Weather, Sports and More

And here is the story from a year earlier

There's No 'Stopping' Some Cops - ABC News

Seems the judges and city were all happy about it until it made the news. with the cites loosing their asses in tax revenue, It makes you wonder how many officers are just out there using the law as a revenue stream for themselves and the state/countys they work in.

Banned

Default Re: Ticket Man

They have a huge double standard and in their own posts (in a round about way) they admit it. They rob the public blind to pad their own wallets with overtime and they do the bidding of money hungry political bureaucrats. Seems most of it isn't to protect and serve these days. I've seen cops have this traffic double standard all over the country.

Radar Fanatic

dude it's Michigan what do you expect, they are so hungry for money they will do anything, especially Detroit (warren is a suburb of Detroit), they have something like 30% unemployment. What gets me is that dumb ass went to a community college for 2 years and now is making almost 90K a year and I went to a university got a degree in Engineering but can't find a job. Isn't life a *****h.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    What gets me is that dumb ass went to a community college for 2 years and now is making almost 90K a year and I went to a university got a degree in Engineering but can't find a job. Isn't life a *****h.

Where did u get that figure?

Most police officers(patrol) make 40-50K a year, and higher ups make 60-75.

Staties normally make 60+, but few (except higher-ups) reach 90K

Is he a dumb-@$$? Yes (for what he did), but no offense:

IMO: He puts his life on the line every-day he is on the job, so complaining about how much money he makes in the first place, when you want to be an engineer... that is kind of shady if you ask me:

Lets see who's job is more important to society:

Tell everyone that there will be no cops out there for one day, and there will be no engineers out there for one day... and see what one causes more trouble for society... (Discount the fact that many people in public-works will be engineers, as it is not mostly needed for their jobs).

Radar Fanatic

the figure is right from the video in one of the links, in one year he made a little over 86K. So imagine what other higher ups are getting paid in that department.

And remember there are other people not just LEOs who put their lives on the line everyday too and they don't get paid that much.

Banned

I think most people believe appreciate officers but I don't think most appreciate it when an officer or anyone else gives a holier than thou attitude about the work they do. Its why I appreciate so many in the military, most of them are pretty humble about it when it comes to what they do, and don't throw it at people --- especially those I've known who've been in combat.

We pay the officer's salaries and therefore we have every right to complain about or praise any aspect of the job they do. Without engineers cops wouldn't even have a knife to carry much less any of the tools they use to do their job except perhaps an unfinished wooden stick so its really not an apples to apples comparison of cops to engineers. Most of time the cops arrive after a crime has been committed. Simply look up the ratio of breakins, rapes, robberies, assaults, etc. which are not stopped by police verses those which are. A well armed citizenry would do more to prevent it.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate real police work, but the fact is there is a great deal of abuse. If it were any other profession (which didn't bring in revenue for the government) the politicians would be calling it an epidemic, pointing out the covering up the profession's members do for each other and calling for reform of one sort or another.
    Last edited by The Chariot; 12-12-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Radar Fanatic

According to Warren city records, in 2007, David Kanapsky received $21,562.12 in overtime, boosting his salary to more than $86,042.54 a year.

At the time of my original investigation – Kanapsky wrote thousands of stop-sign tickets every year. But when we caught his fellow officers rolling through stop signs, he was told to lay off those kinds of tickets.

He is the worst one in the city.

He plans to retire in February.

Finally.

Yoda of Radar

Now that makes sense, because I have never heard of a patrol making 90K "salary pay".

Take away 22K because he worked non-stop OT and is trying to boost his hr-load in his last 3 years for retirement reasons... and then this makes sense.

Basically he has a 66K "salary pay" then... which would make sense for certain departments...

Radar Fanatic

problem is that warren Michigan is not a rich part of Detroit, they average less then the average median income of Michigan, the median house hold (meaning everyone) income of a warren family is 46K so that officer salary pay is 22K more then the average. There is no way about it, he is making too much money for the area he is working, period.

In 2002 , the president of a large association of Leos
    admits they receive political demand to bring more
    money by issuing more tickets ...nothing
    new , only it was said publicky , though medias
    kept it low profile.

This is why people turn to countermeasures ,
    this site is all about ...wallet safety
    O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!
    Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible;
    and hence hold the enemy's fate in our hands.

-- Sun Tzu, The Art of War, c. 500bc